No Sim Ejector tool included with unlocked iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myiqiscienforty, Dec 15, 2011.

1. myiqiscienforty macrumors newbie

I get upset every time I read a post on these forums stating that sim ejector tools are shipped with unlocked iPhones. I purchased a 32gb white iPhone 4S at the apple store and no sim tool was inside. There will be people tempted to post, is it unlocked?, it is.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Yeah, this is a totally valid reason to get upset!

[​IMG]

3. matttye macrumors 601

Use a paper clip? The sim ejector is a glorified paper clip.

4. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Sometimes a paper clip isn't thin enough to fit in there. You have to have the really tiny ones. If you have a button or a pin, that should work.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

But it was made of Liquid Metal (in the US), very rare. :rolleyes:

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A PIn

Or pop in to an Apple store....I got 2 with my 4 and another 2 with the 4S...

Seems like Apple are cutting down on expensive accessories.....:D

8. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Haha .. yeah OP's post seems a bit ridiculous, getting angry for not having the sophisticated SIM ejector tool on brand new iPhone 4S box :D

But yeah, I understand the confusion, it maybe noticeable change since iPhone 4 package still include it.

I got my unlocked 4S from eBay, and yes it was wrapped and brand new, but the seller gave me a paperclip along with the package. Was I confused, SIM ejector wasn't there, apparently it's not given anymore, I thought the box was prayed open or something despite being brand new. Fortunately I was wrong, no iPaperclip included by default, so ... no problem.

Well yeah .. albeit small and nothing too important, but sim ejector tool is not included on iPhone 4S package. So live with it, or buy one if you so inclined about it, super expensive for what it is from Apple :D .. so yes I can live without it as long paperclip still being made LOL .. and yeah I wasn't angry about it.

9. beret9987 macrumors regular

I would personally find that annoying. I mean the SIM slot is meant to be accessed and I personally don't have any paper clips in my apartment. I have a CDMA 4S and even then I wish it came with one since the SIM slot is unlocked and I swap out quite frequently.

10. lolwutalan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I heard Apple stopped including them after 3GS.

11. iPadPublisher macrumors 6502

I think you're right. I don't recall one in my iPhone 4 box, and most definitely not in the 4S. Its not a big deal though... paper clip, push pin, all kinds of things will pop the hole.

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

My unlocked 64 GB white 4S came with a SIM ejector tool

u mad

13. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

I got one with my brand new unlocked black 4S 32GB.. Though i wouldn't get mad if there wasn't any as i usually use something else because i usually drop the one included anyways..

14. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

True story: I found a Sim Ejector tool in the Forbidden City in Beijing in March this year. I'm not saying it's the one that's missing in your box but maybe it is?:D

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

ah lord, you got ripped off.

Oh well, problem solved!!!!

[​IMG]

16. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Ive never got the all mighty "sim ejector tool" on any of my iphones BUT i did get it when i bought my ipad 2 ; first time i saw was like uh ? Whats these for :)

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

Same here.

18. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I don't even own paper clips. I would have to search all through to the house, and maybe, just maybe, I would fine one paperclip after hours of searching.

19. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have a brand new iPhone 4S here in Australia. I've gotten one with my 3G as well as my new 4S. Looking at YouTube unboxings of the 4S, it seems as though the ones sold in the US don't include the SIM ejector tool.

20. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

It's only the US models that don't get the ejector tool. Mainly because they are usually locked to a carrier. A paper clip solves that problem. :)

21. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Ordered mine from the Irish Apple online store and it came with one

22. yrchern macrumors member

An officially unlocked iPhone comes with a SIM ejector tool.
    The one that does not have must be AT&T version purchased with full price/device only.

23. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

AT&T unlocked doesn't include tool. Even if purchased at apple store. only the official apple factory unlocked one does. My 16gb white 4s included the tool, neatly attached to the paper wrap around the manual/guides. Purchased in US Apple Store, walked in with cash on the 9th.

24. dave420 macrumors 65816

The original iPhone did not include one either.