No Sim error?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleFairy, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

So my wife and I both have an iPhone 4S from AT&T (both unlocked). She is going to Japan later this week and usually she takes her prepaid Softbank phone with her but I offered to cut her sim to use in her iPhone.

When I put the Softbank sim in her iPhone I get a message saying there is no sim. I put it in my Phone and it works fine.

I went back and forth used both my sim tray and hers. I also have a cut down T-Mobile sim and it works in both of our phones. I can figure out why the Softbank one won't work in her phone only.

Any ideas that I can try? I might be sending her off with my 64 GB 4S and be stuck with her 16 GB 4S for 5 months. :eek:

2. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Are the metal contacts worn? Some phones may be more sensitive than others to worn contacts...

3. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

They don't really look too worn, but maybe it's enough I am going to try again tonight. I might put a small piece of tape on the back to help it push down little.

I was hoping this was something common and there is a setting to change, but I figured the same as you.