No sound, choppy web browsing, no games working on XP on my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by danedane5, Sep 22, 2008.

1. danedane5 macrumors member

danedane5

Forgive the long title but I have been trying to get Windows XP to work for days, I've searched for drivers to update, I have put the Leopard disk in and tried to get the drivers working correctly a dozen times, I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, and still nothing. I cant play Bioshock, I cant play Half life 2, it says something about shaders, and also ZERO sound for anything. I know my brand new MacBook Pro can handle Half Life, and it's really getting to me. Also on a more important level, I need Windows working good for my school assignments...so is there anywhere I can look up to get everything going correctly? Or is there anyone there that has set it up on their MacBook Pro correctly? AND could tell me what steps they took to do it. :( thanks.

2. dimme macrumors 65816

I don't know what to say but XP works great on my MPB. I just started bot camp installed the disk the computer took over and then installed the 10.5 disk for the drivers and I was good to go. I would wipe your install and start over. Make sure your XP is SP2.