No sound issue on iPhone 4s with iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dudulang, Oct 5, 2012.

1. dudulang macrumors member

Hello, everyone,

I am curious that why there is no thread about this severe problem... That's why I start this thread.

With iOS 5.1.1, my iPhone 4s worked very well. Everything has been changed when I upgraded to iOS 6 on the first day it was released.

In non-mute option, the phone doesn't give any sound. When there's a call to my phone, no ring. When I play a music or a video, no sound. When I call to somebody, I cannot hear anything from the speaker or from the one beside the frond camera, even cannot hear the sound 'du...du...du'. When I tune the sound with the buttons, nothing happens.

It is not over, when I listen to music with a headphone, there is suddenly no sound and, from the 'now playing' music screen, the volume bar disappears. I have to replug the headphone to resume the sound. But this is far from over, this issue will happen some time suddenly again. The most severe example was that it happened more than 5 times in one minute, how can I enjoy the music like this?

This is really annoying, this problem makes my iPhone nothing but a non-sound game machine. Because I cannot make a call, listen to music or watch video. I tried to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1, but many methods from internet didn't work.

Has anyone met this issue? Any suggestion or reply would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    -Frank

2. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

You could try to Restore again and look if it persists, if so then I think something is fried in your phone.
    But before doing that you can reset the phone and/or reboot, look what happens.

3. dudulang thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply. I tried to restore iPhone but it didn't help. I found that many people have met this issue but I just cannot understand why nobody talking about this here.

Here are the links from Apple :apple: official discussion forum, where many people have this problem.

discussion 1
    discussion 2
    discussion 3

4. wouters macrumors newbie

Hi Dudulang,

Saw the same issue yesterday.
    Resetting your phone will most likely solve the issue.
    Press and hold the top(lock) button and the home button at the same time for about 20 seconds, your phone will reboot and re-initialize.

This worked for me.

5. dudulang thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I'll have a try. :)

6. dudulang thread starter macrumors member

I reset the phone, but the problem has not been solved...
    Anyone has some other suggestion, please?

7. Fred87nc macrumors member

Im just got this problem a few days ago and it hasnt gone away, already tried all the suggested clean dock, restore, plug unplug ect. I get a random sound every now and then, but after I check if the sound is back theres nothing.

Are apple replacing phones? closest autorized service is 2 hours away, dont feel like making the trip.

8. rania macrumors newbie

were you able to solve this issue?

hi Dudulang, were you able to solve this issue? i tried all the suggestions everywhere but nothing is working.. its so frustrating!!