No sound on watch for Siri on series 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Jun 1, 2018.

1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Works just no Siri voice

Any suggestions to fix this? Tried going into settings on watch but no luck

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Perhaps a glitch. You can hard reset the Apple Watch my holding down the digital crown and power button for 10 seconds. Also, I believe another member had the same issue and then they updated their watchOS and it resolved it.

3. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Have you changed the Siri voice? The watch has to be charging to download the new voice… Until then Siri will be silent. I had the same problem.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

I have had this happens from time to time. A simple restart the Watch did it for me (of course a reset will work too). Also on your Watch swipe up and be sure you don't have Mute (bell) on (highlighted red).

5. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Yep or I’m found using the speaker-clear function from the watches control centre does the job too (if it’s not the new Siri voice issue I mentioned above).

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

After my update Siri no longer talking to me. I have rebooted both watch and phone.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

Thanks for your help all

Appears to be working again

Not sure what the issue was

8. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

One thing is that Siri voices don't initially work until they are downloaded and they only download when the watch is connected to power and on wifi.

If something caused the watch to ditch the installed voice (changing voice or some quirky scenario) and the voice data was discarded then it would only resolve after charging for long enough to complete another download.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

Well yeah I left it on charge for say 7 hours like I do each night and worked fine. However i have done the same all week and now only just started to work again. Very odd

10. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Another is if Siri on the phone is not a language supported by Apple Watch Siri then it won't download voice.

11. cynics macrumors G4

After the update I need to goto settings > General > Siri on the Apple Watch. Scroll to the bottom to initiate the Siri voice download (default English US on the phone). After a lengthy download it worked just fine.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

THANKS!

This fixed it for me. For some reason the last update did not include the Siri voice download. Your instructions worked perfectly and agree with the slow Siri voice download.

Strange how just some AW3 were affected.