No Sound When Playing Game IPHONE 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Oct 27, 2010.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

hi all ...

i'm just find out small issue on my iphone 4 .

when i playing real soccer fifa game 2011 then i get out of that game using home button , because that game doesn't have exit option , so i let my phone stand by next day then i resume that game continue playing ,after that no sound on the game but the app game work , i try another game don't have sound either

so i try to turn off the phone and on back then go to that game again , then sound begin working

is this issue effective by firmware/hardware

did anyone see this yet

2. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

might just be the game. i had a similar issue once with angry birds. when i resumed playing, the game did have sound, though it was playing the main title theme of angry birds during the gameplay.

3. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

not only the game resume causing no sound , try 2/3 more game also no sound
    until off iphone on back then start over that application game then sound normal

4. critic81 macrumors regular

The issue you are having could be one that I ran into before. Sometimes when you use an app like Slacker, or Pandora and you don't actually close the app, but just suspend it, it keeps the hook on the audio even if you aren't using it.

Example
    I use Slacker. Pause Slacker. Hit the home button to go to home screen. At this point no audio is playing, but if you go to the multitask bar and scroll left to see the background audio controls, you will see that slacker is still in the icon. Then if you open up Angry Birds, the music doesnt' play, but the sound effects do.

That could be what is happening to you. So basically, if you get no sound in a game, try seeing what icon is in the background audio and if it is Slacker or Pandora, try closing those apps and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

5. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

yeah , probably this error

when i get out of fifa game just push home button then i play another game and leaving it later resume back fifa that make no sound , so in future what i have to do to make it run sound normal ????

6. critic81 macrumors regular

I'm not totally sure but, I guess just try closing some apps to see who the culprit is thats holding on to the audio.

7. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I have this on all of my games if I get a call while playing. I take the call, hang up, then return to my game and I only have background music of the game, no sound effects. I have to exit the game from the multitasking bar and restart it to be back to normal.

8. sheetrock321 macrumors member

sheetrock321

My Fix

Make sure the "Mute" switch is off. The actual physical switch on the side of the iPhone.

9. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

That doesn't explain why there are sound effects but no background music.

10. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i know this is a year out but let me just say god bless you!

my son spends his entire week looking forward to the new Angry Birds episode...he's like the kid in Christmas Story waiting for his decoder ring. we have severely limited his tv and game time during the week (and weekend) because if it were up to him he would do one or both all day every day. But we do let him watch the 2 minute angry bird episode first thing sunday morning.

This morning i had a huge headache when I woke up, my other kid is sick and my wife had to go to work. the little guy comes in crying that the sound wasn't working on Angry Birds. Being an Android guy i had NO idea why. the sound was on in the game, it worked in other apps, i had NO idea. Getting frustrated and feeling bad for the poor kid i googled it and nobody had any idea until i saw your post.

I know i'm an idiot that i didn't check the mute button, but i just didn't thin of it - and it obviously doesn't affect every app...

so anyway - thank you!:p