No "special/one more thing" feature for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, Aug 28, 2012.

1. irDigital0l Guest

Just like the new iPad, Apple won't have a "special" feature for the iPhone 5.

Just the key features (based on leaks)
    1. 4-inch Retina display
    2. Dual-core A5X chip
    3. 4G LTE
    4. iOS 6
    5. FaceTime HD camera
    6. Thinner, lighter design

I know the iPhone 4S had Siri and iPhone 4 had FaceTime, but do you think Apple is done with the "one more thing"?

I mean some people have really high expectations and want something like 128GB, NFC, over 4-inch screen, 3D display/photographs, etc.

Not saying Apple won't do those, but based on the iPhone 4S and iOS 6...is it smart to get hope all up for those cool and new tech?

Tons of people were disappointed with iOS 6...

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It would be really nice to see the "one more thing" be storage upgrades. I get the base phone being 16GB. Now ditch the 32GB and make the next two models 64GB and 128GB at the same price.

3. jj47 macrumors regular

One more thing... Star Wars-esque holographic video calls.

4. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I'd like to see a floating social networking app that operates over Bluetooth 4.0.

Otherwise, the hardware looks really disappointing...for the second straight frickin' year!

5. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Jeeez, wait till the phone and features are announced - then complain about something real. You're complaining about rumors.

6. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

I didn't realize I was complaining...

7. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

8. yaymath macrumors regular

"One more thing" had always been Steve Jobs's specialty. I don't think anyone but him has ever done it. And while I doubt that they will hold off a key new feauture until the very end, I believe that it's quite possible for them to announce something or some things that no one has expected to be on the new iPhone.

9. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

Not really...just its kinda funny that some continue to raise their expectations to high and then disappoint themselves.

10. ATLCarGuy macrumors newbie

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see an iPhone model with a physical keyboard.

If not a physical keyboard, an on-screen keyboard with haptic feedback. I have big fingers and it would make typing a whole lot easier.

11. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I'm sure Apple has something in store for us... This phone will be huge so all skeptics keep a close eye;)

12. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

:eek: PLEASE?!?

13. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

that would be amazing lol

do you mean physical appearance? b.c the hardware from the 4 to the 4S was a big leap....new cpu, gpu, and camera.....

That would be horrifically bad! You are definitely in the minority there.

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

One more thing.... full upgrades for current 4S owners?

15. party macrumors member

The examples you listed - Siri and FaceTime - are both software features. There have been fairly little amount of information about new software features for the new iPhone. The only one I've heard about is a different Passbook for the new iPhone due to its NFC chip. But the NFC chip may not be even happening!

16. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

why? Seriously, I just cant think of why a haptic keypad would be "horrifically bad!" and you seem pretty sure.

17. willmtaylor, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I just think the days of "One more thing" are behind us for some reason.

Eww, gross.

18. c2c4c macrumors newbie

With memory being so cheap, it would be pretty sad for them not to upgrade the base model to 32GB. I know they are pushing for cloud storage, though, so it may not happen.

I'm looking forward to hearing the keynote, I must say!

19. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

"...one more thing...
    Available in Store today"

Chaos

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

21. Cougarcat macrumors 604

NFC is not happening. If I had to guess, it'll be features based on Wifi Direct, which is supposed to be in the new Wifi chip Apple will be using. AirPlay Direct, as reported yesterday, and maybe NFC-like features in the form of AirDrop.

And maybe FaceTime group chat, if we're lucky. Would be a nice use of the new screen real estate.

22. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

so true.
    im excited to see the software that apple has built for the 4" screen!
    and, im a fan of the new hardware, thinner is always better as far as im concerned.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I meant the physical keyboard, and as long as you had the option to turn haptic off that would be cool with me :)

24. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Agreed, on both accounts. The haptic feature is where the phone vibrates slightly when you press a key? Like the Blackberry Storm did? and a lot of the Droids have??

Assuming I am right, I will pass on that feature. I am using the GS3 right now, swipe to text is great, but I could do without the small vibrations when I hit buttons.