No sprint iPhones at anywhere but the sprint store!.. Insane!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason black, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jason black macrumors regular

I went to bestbuy and radioshack and they dont have any shipment for sprint. Radioshack said they will get shipment next week. Also, im assuming only the sprint store has them. I didnt go there though.. This is insane.... No iPhone love for Sprint customers who dont go to the Sprint store i guess...

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Uh... or the Apple Store.

3. Jason black thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Or the Apple store.

4. Saberj macrumors regular

For some reason, I just assumed all phones would work with all carriers, and it just depended on how it was activated. That's kind of weird. That's a lot of different models to have to stock. 2 colors x 4 models (Including 8gb iPhone 4) x 3 carriers. Though I guess it was probably about the same for the iPad 2 when you take into consideration the 3g/WiFi only option. Still, weird.

5. pirarre macrumors 6502

I never been through an iPhone preorder process before. I been through other cellphone preorders, but this one is a gigantic mess. I preordered with Bb and they don't have NO sprint iPhones in. Heck, they don't even havd all the models for Verizon in.

Just has been a huge learning experience for me. And so far I learned, to NEVER preorder another device at Bestbuy again, preorder with the specific carrier or Apple themselves.

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

In fact, never buy anything from Best Buy, ever. It's safer.

7. alucinari macrumors newbie

So they do have Sprint phones?

8. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

According to some authorized resellers for Sprint, they have a cluster of 16GB iPhone 4S's, but you need to order the 32 or 64 so they can get them shipped in.

It's really a drag.

9. urkel macrumors 68030

It seems unfair to Sprint to start things off with a Sprint delay/shortage at major retailers. I know they're the 3rd carrier but they signed a contract to sell $20billion worth of iPhones and they're simply not available so how many customers are going to simply pick the carrier that has availability?

10. jceaser macrumors newbie

I sat in line at the Sprint store since 5 am only for the manager to come out at 730 to say no 4S's at all. I already got the scoop from BB, but i do have 2 preorders in at BB. This sucks.

11. Jason black thread starter macrumors regular

Yup it really sucks.. I was looking forward it having it today.. Oh well..

12. Frankenstein macrumors member

That's the dream.

13. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Give a call to an Apple Store if you have one in your area. One in Boston said they had "a lot" of all 4S's left as of an hour ago.

Sadly, I can't go there because I already set up with Sprint. :[

14. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

There are plenty to go around, just visit an Apple store.

15. zippyzoom macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. Radio shack and sprint guaranteed me a 4s last week only to tell me that they don't know when they'll get them!!!! I jumped on the first subway to the apple store at upper west side. Luckily they had 32gb white iPhones for sprint - just what I wanted! Check your local Apple store now!

Sent from my 4s :)

16. bfired macrumors newbie

Preordered 16GB through Apple.com on Saturday and received a 10/24-10/31 shipping date, so I stopped by the Sprint store this morning at 9:30 to see if they had any...and I got the last one! They had a few more 32 and 64, but were getting a new shipment tomorrow morning. I would try a less popular Sprint store...I went to the store in downtown Newark in a not-so-nice part of town and it worked out well.

17. bobeo6253 macrumors newbie

i thought that was true but it's not. best buy called me last night and said my sprint iphone won't be in for 7-10 days so i went to radio shack, target, and sams and they said they weren't going to get them. i just got a call about 15 minutes ago from best buy saying my phone came in and that i can pick it up whenever i had a chance. i'm not sure about the other stores but best buy got them in also.

18. Jayceeee macrumors newbie

I went to the Sprint store at 6am to make sure i got mine today. There was only one 32GB black & my sales rep made sure it was mine. They had alot of 16GB. Whoever ordered online from sprint isn't getting theirs till tuesday says multiple sprint sales rep.

19. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I ordered from Sprint online and my phone is currently "out for delivery" :confused:

20. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

God forbid Sprint can roll out a new phone on time.