No stars ratings in App Store/ iTunes Store on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marcin0903, May 26, 2010.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

Few weeks ago when I bought iPad I had stars ratings under apps or songs in itunes or app store on iPad, but they suddenly disappeared less tham week ago... They are not visible in the preview of apps, only when I tap on each app I see stars aboce reviews. Is there any solution?

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Maybe you were browsing the US store, now you're on the UK store?

3. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, the prices are in USD and I am sure that I am browsing US store. It happens only in preview, when I tap the icon of an app and tham enter to its descriptions I normally see stars inside.

4. jimboutilier macrumors 6502a

I noticed the same thing this week. There used to be star ratings at the summary level and now you have to click on the app and go to the detailed level to see the rating.

This sucks!

5. aerodoc macrumors member

Not fond of this. Now I am less inclined to buy a cheap app since I have to see if it's any good first. I suspect the developers might be complaining? In fact, now I don't even feel like browsing to see if there are any fun little apps because it's too much effort.

6. Apple all life macrumors 6502

Same here and yes I noticed this about a week ago. I was really pissed. Even restarted my Ipad just to make sure.

7. AndyfromTucson macrumors member

You are right! The review stars are gone from the lists of apps! This sucks. I hate wasting time clicking through to a poorly rated app. I think this is a dumb choice by Apple; Some people are just going to get bummed out on shopping the app store and end up buying fewer apps.

8. gatearray macrumors 65816

+1

I thought it might just be a temporary glitch, but it's not changing back! Blues.

9. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Could be just a glitch. Anyone tried to restore iPad?

10. AldoRay macrumors member

It is not a glitch, I restored my iPad yesterday and still no stars ratings. I hope nobody thinks I am trying to hijack this thread, but I have searched the forums for this and it seems like an appropriate place to ask this question.... Can anyone tell me how to rate an app after purchasing it on an iPad, other than the rating system whereby they ask you to rate it when you delete it?

11. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Go to the page for the app in the App Store. There's a "Rate this app:" section in Customer Ratings underneath the screenshots.

12. AldoRay macrumors member

Well, that's what I thought, and I remember seeing it there. But now I swear I can't find it! This includes both apps I have purchased or not. No one else is having this problem?

13. glitch82 macrumors member

glitch82

Have you guys also noticed that the coverflow browser for the App Store on the iPad is MIA? I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I can't seem to find it in the latest 4.2 GM.

14. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

They seem fine to me unless I'm not understanding what you mean? I open up the app store, I see apps with ratings beneath them.