No stereo balancing while listening to music! (NO RIGHTS & LEFTS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Elnaka, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Elnaka macrumors newbie

The music should sound in both right and left ear-buds or within some seconds it should play in the right one only or the left one only.

Normally, we feel music going from the right to left or sounds only in the right for a seconds of guitar for example!, thats not happening 2 me!

The issue is that It always sounds in both just in the middle n there is no music distribution at all!

I've tried the same ear-bud with another iPhone and am sure its not the source of error.

Any ideas?.....

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

You mean there is no stereo separation and sounds like mono ?

If so, does the mono sound ok or 'hollow' ?

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I would guess it needs a new headphone Jack which means a new cable harness. If you took it to my repair shop, I would quickly plug in a new harness to check.

4. Elnaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, there is no stereo separation as mono, but it sounds OK not hollow.

No, its not the jack i tried my computer speakers and its just the same no separation.

Thanks for the reply,

5. Badfoot macrumors 6502

No I meant the jack socket on the phone. It may of course have a short circuit between the left and right audio channels. I did respond on the other forum but for the benefit of other people her, you have looked for fluff etc, and the jack plug is going fully into the socket ok. It's not your earbuds as you have tried substitution,
    I wonder if it could be a software glitch.. how about trying a hard reset.
    I could not see any way in the settings to select mono only, and your source is definitely stereo.

If it's not a software glitch, it's hardware, could be on the socket itself or anywhere in the audio circuit..it may even be the audio chip itself.. only faultfinding would verify this but don't ask me about costs.

Does this only happen on the ipod function?, what about other stereo sources, Youtube, internet radio etc.

6. Elnaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally i got it, its under accessibility in setting.......there is an option to turn Mono on or off :D !
    I don't know when n how did i turn it on !!!!

Anyways Thanks a lot for u help =)

7. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Well now I've learned something too. Funny how these options get altered apparently on their own!.