No surprise: Dallas shooter was a worthless dirtbag Soldier who was drummed out of the Army

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 9, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Also, please let's stop called this POS a "sniper." He was a mass-shooter, nothing more, nothing less.

The full story here.

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Some of them, we assume, are good people.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Wait, what? Are you trying to suggest that calling someone a sniper is honoring them? Cause Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald were both snipers.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Right. We're commenting on the method used to commit mass murder, not admiring his skill as such.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Why do you feel that calling him a sniper is praise?

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

We all saw the video of him killing a cop at point-blank range. Hardly a "sniper."

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I hadn't seen that one, don't know if I want to. I'm going by what I heard of that first day, which was that he was shooting at a distance, from an elevated position.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

9. deany macrumors 68020

deany

I'm amazed that 'mental illness' is still rarely mentioned in the States in cases like this.

In the UK we have a man that killed four people, two of which were young female Police Officers.

After a short time in prison having been given a 'whole life sentence' he is now in a secure mental hospital for the 'criminally insane' getting the correct treatment and therapy.

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it takes a lot more then killing a few people to be called a nut job in the us. our standards are far higher :eek:

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

there's a stigma of being mentally ill here. a lot of people are not aware actual biological factors can be the cause; they only think that these people aren't that "strong" whatever that means. whether this guy was mentally ill or not (according to something in the DSM), i don't know.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He effectively used cover and concealment to take pot shots from street level. An Officer attempted to engage him, the the dirtbag used CQB tactics, fire and manuver to suppress the officer and slaughter him. Afterward he put at least a few anchor shots into the poor officer.

13. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

:41

14. chown33 macrumors 604

Whew. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Too soon?

15. A.Goldberg, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

What about the "terrorist" label?

Searching the 28 page main thread about this incident reveals a handful of "terrorist" results, all but maybe 1 or 2 appears to be in the context of other groups. Interesting how the PC crowd likes to call every mass murder or ideologically based attack a terrorist, but is not now.

This man certianly instilled terror, but I wouldn't call him a terrorist. My guess is he is mentally ill. No person in their right mind goes on a killing spree like this. If he had any inclination this attack would end up with him dying, in his mind the racial oppression is so bad that his life is not worth living at all.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yeah...you also have universal healthcare and might have that kind of treatment covered. Here in the US, you gotta pay for that sort of treatment (and all the others). And since most mentally ill people likely don't have much money, if any, well...there you go. Most of our mental hospitals look like this these days, if they are still standing at all:

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2016 ---
    I wonder why he chose a non-gun-free zone. He must have gotten confused.

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Thank whoever chose the location for the protest as I think showing up there took priority. Clearly a gun free zone wouldn't have mattered just like it never does.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah. This took place in a gun zone, with plenty of armed and well trained people on site, and the end results were about the same as any gun free zone. It made not one iota of difference.

The argument of gun free zones, whether pro or con your stance, should now be laid forever to rest.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

the problem is there is not "treatment or thearapy" for these people. waste of time, money, resources, etc. A complete waste.

yep....we have way too many bleeding hearts that I'm sure would be crying foul for putting such a label on them.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Look at it from a different perspective. Treatment and therapy isn't just for their benefit, but for the people who could eventually be killed when they finally snap.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

America has become the land of feel good laws. The masses aren't interested in effectiveness just making people feel good and not hurting anyone's feelings. Most all these laws are political agendas in motion and BS.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Right now we're talking about crazy being mitigated, which isn't merely just a "feel good" law.

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

To pretend anyone can turn a killer, rapist or pedofile into a human being worthy of breathing our air is living in la-la land. Again, not putting them down is just a feel-good move to appease the masses who get squeamish and all emotional when they think of the death penalty.

Once a person has crossed the line by killing two police officers, they are not fixable. There's not mitigating crazy once they've crossed the line.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, that's a failure to mitigate it.

Though what happens if a schizophrenic crosses that line? Do you advocate putting them to death because they acted out due to their sickness?

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yes. They are GUILTY by reason of insanity; they are not innocent. Feel free to waste resources though. No good will come from it. IMO there are hundreds of millions of people/other options that would be better served by putting those resources towards. The world has too many good people and other options we should be putting efforts towards vs worrying about these people.