No T-mobile unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonemaster5S, Jul 16, 2013.

1. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

So if history repeats itself do you think T-Mobile will get rid of their truly unlimited data once their network starts to get congested? I personally don't think this will happen because from what I've read it seems that this new plan is helping them a lot. Sprint just showed off their guarantee which is interesting, I think that Sprint might actually stop doing the unlimited data because of that guarantee.

I'm on a grandfathered plan with AT&T and because their coverage is still better than T-mobile I am hesitant to switch all of my lines. My test line which I did switch to T-mobile is doing ok, luckily I am in a LTE market but AT&T is still better. The thing is though that if T-mobile gets better I might just switch all of my lines to T-Mobile and just hope they never throttle (like AT&T) and don't get rid of the plan. Just don't want to miss a good opportunity. What do you guys think?

2. TheProFTW macrumors regular

They have a pretty good backhaul, so I don't think congestation is an issue.

3. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

They also throttle people who have limited data instead of just charging overages like AT&T or Verizon (unless you're an extremely heavy user), so unlimited users should be ok as long as you're not using rediculous amounts of data.

4. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

In the short term, unlikely. In the long term, probably.