No Unlocked Message from iTunes - iPhone 5S Unlocked Purchased from Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by khhntz, Sep 26, 2013.

1. khhntz macrumors member

I asked this question a few times but they got buried in the threads so I am asking it again in a separate thread.

I bought the T-Mobile unlocked iPhone 5S at full price from Apple's online store. I received it and gone through the setup process. Although I tried two different SIM cards from two different companies (T-Mobile and AT&T) and confirmed that the phone is in fact unlocked, however I did not get the unlocked message in iTunes. I did this by putting in my own AT&T SIM card and then restored the phone with iTunes. No unlocked message no matter what I do. I also tried putting in DFU mode. Nothing.

I even tried the same procedure with the older iPhone 5 which I got unlocked by AT&T. The unlock message shows up EVERY TIME I restore the iPhone 5.

I am baffled! I know it is unlocked but what step am I missing? Could some one help!

2. DarkSel macrumors regular

Does it matter? Your phone is unlocked if it works with non-Tmobile SIM cards.

3. shankar2 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened with me also (iphone 5s tmobile from apple online store). Even though I restored the phone the "unlocked" message did not show up.

I guess if the different sims are working your phone is unlocked. Or you can call apple support to confirm status by giving your serial number/imei