Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparky76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2003
In Virtual PC 6.1, going to the Windows Update site thanks me for my interest (great) but does not offer any options to update. I know there are updates there, as my Win XP box has downloaded them. Any way of working around?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: No update in Virtual PC 6.1

Originally posted by mark.borland
In Virtual PC 6.1, going to the Windows Update site thanks me for my interest (great) but does not offer any options to update. I know there are updates there, as my Win XP box has downloaded them. Any way of working around?
Windows Update scans your computer--in this case the emulated PC--to see which updates are required. You didn't tell us which OS you have on VPC, but I am certain your Win XP and your VPC disk image are not duplicates. You can be assured that if you had duplicated the software installed on your Win XP machine, Windows Update would have offered updates for it.

sparky76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2003
Strangely, seems to have resolved overnight! It is original software, but thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.