No voicemail or missed calls in notification center?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CharismaticNerd, May 2, 2013.

1. CharismaticNerd macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

I'm so irritated! I've restored my phone, and reset all settings and my voicemail icon still won't show up in my notification center, or missed calls
    I get the badge icon, but they're not in the notification center, I've checked all my settings and everything's on in the notification center settings.
    iOS 6.1.4 t mobile, visual voicemail is set up, iPhone 5, not jail broken.

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Post a screen shot of your notifications settings.

3. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

It's also set to appear on lock screen

Attached Files:

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Happening to me too. Very frustrating.

5. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

I know, it's killing me! And I don't know how to fix it! Besides restoring and not using a backup!

6. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Maybe is just a bug :/ I haven't even updated lol

8. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I didn't mention: I'm on 6.1.2, jb'n.

9. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

Have you tried using the reset all settings option? That will keep all your content and apps, but a lot of your settings will be cleared.

11. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

Yeah I have. It doesn't help.

12. CharismaticNerd thread starter macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

13. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi! Have you tried resetting your phone? (Sleep/Wake button + Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears)

14. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

So, I've fixed mine. I'm honestly not 100% sure what did it, as I was fooling around with several files in iFile (using this page) yesterday, which didn't seem to do anything.
    Today, after inadvertently clearing my recent calls list in the phone app (this wasn't related to the issue at hand), and trying and failing to restore it, missed calls and voicemails began to appear! I honestly don't know if clearing missed calls was the catalyst, but it seems to have worked: if you're willing, try that and then reboot, then see if notifications start appearing again!

15. matt.ledger macrumors newbie

Same problem here, just bought an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) and restored it from a backup of my iPhone 4 (6.1.3), missed calls show on lock screen but not in notification center.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, I've had this issue with iPhone 5 (and iOS 6) pretty much from the beginning. While iPhone 4 (with iOS 6) doesn't exhibit it. I've noticed the same behavior on multiple phones, and, based on this thread and a few others I've come across over the last half a year or so, it seems like others have noticed this too.

Doesn't seem like there's anything in particular that explains or really solves it. More or less just kind of got used to it. (Actually, so far in the few iOS 7 betas, this issue doesn't exist any more, so maybe that's a "solution" once iOS 7 comes out.)

17. matt.ledger macrumors newbie

What do you mean by "doesn't exist anymore"? Are you saying that in iOS you are seeing missed calls in notification centre? If so that gives me hope and I'll probably hold out until then and see if it fixes the issue.

Did you upgrade to iOS 7 or start fresh? (not sure how the betas work)

I would try restoring from a backup again and see if that fixes it but it never seems to go as smoothly as I hope.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, it seems to be working fine in iOS 7 betas so far. I've done iOS 7 installs both ways--completely clean and fresh, so to say, and with backups being restored--and it looks like missing calls and all that are appearing in the notification center without problems.

19. matt.ledger macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll hold out for iOS 7 and hope that fixes the issue. It's not really a problem, just one of those things that bugs me knowing it's not working how it should.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, I know the feeling too well.