No Water for You!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Michael Goff, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Day care that duct-taped kids to floor may have withheld water to avoid diaper changes

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...-have-withheld-water-to-avoid-diaper-changes/

2. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Why did they still have a daycare license after the first incident?

4. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

How do people even bring themselves to do things like this? How awful. They must have no conscience at all.

5. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Don't think this will matter, as I doubt many parents will be sending their kids there after hearing these stories.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Well they did remove the management.

I think they should have been required to remove management, sell to unaffiliated owners, and terminate anyone who was complicit in this behavior. I'm surprised none of them were prosecuted.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

Free market!

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Stupid parents who might not see another choice. Why are those people not in jail?

I'll never understand how people will value a career more than their kids. How can you drop off your kids in the hands of strangers?

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

So you're telling me that all the parents who send their kids to daycare are stupid parents who value their careers more than their children? That's rather shortsighted....

10. jkcerda, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Let me break it down. A stupid parent will keep sending his kid to a place where the kid was abused. That is why that place is still open.

EDIT .
    My apologies. Pretty naive & myopic to imply what I had earlier typed

11. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Free Market trumps child abuse. Fantastic answer. What a great country.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Adjust your sarcasm meter

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Some people actually may not have a choice.

I was in daycare from age 4 up through 11. That was because my father was away starting up power plants 2 states away, while my mother was teaching high school english. Circumstances led to them getting divorced, which I ended up living with my mother. So single parent, one income. My father moved 3 states away, so it wasn't as if I could go over to his place after school. So daycare was only place where I could actually play with my friends from school, let alone get away from the constant bickering and fighting I'd hear from my parents. I kid you not when I say that this is where being an only child sucks. So it became one of my only outlets to not deal with that.

If only I could have been so lucky to have both of my parents together.

Not all daycares are bad, especially if you know who is actually working there (I was lucky in the aspect that my mother had taught some of the people who worked there).

BL.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Brad L , my apologies. I should practice what I preach & see things from other points if view

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No offense taken. Like you had mentioned before, it all comes down to how stable and solid a child's home is. Out of that dysfunction, I'm happily married to my wife, have two kids, and while my wife, if need be, would find work, I'm okay with her not working and raising our children, instead of us putting them in daycare and possibly letting something like this happen.

It has its pros and cons, but I will admit that lately, a lot of cons are showing themselves more than the pros. But then again, the media only shows more of the cons than the pros/positives, so it's hard to see when the good happens over the bad.

BL.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

this is texas here state of the little or no regulations.

17. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Contrary to a previous poster, the State of Texas does have regulations on businesses, including specific ones on daycare facilities.

There is also a criminal investigation ongoing. This daycare is Heart2Heart Montessori Academy which is near Ft Worth, TX. This place is actually a pretty expensive day care.

[​IMG]

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

It was indeed sarcasm. If you've read many of my other posts, you'll realize I am not a total-free-market champion, and I like to poke fun at those who are.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My mother ran an in house daycare, all of the kids were basically treated like extended family, however, any parent who brings their kid to THIS daycare are being negligent. Withholding water from children should be cause for permanent closure.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

Their tuitions seem pretty average, at least based on tuitions around here. However, they are kind of out there, so I would think they would be a little cheaper.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I said little or no regulations. they have no fire regulations no zoning laws and much more. so if the place burns down because of no sprinklers oh well. a toxic waste dump next door no sweat.

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Obviously you are ignorant of Texas laws and codes or are deliberately lying. I'm not sure which.

Texas Insurance Code Chapter 6003
    (formerly Article 5.43-3)
    Fire Protection Sprinkler System
    Service and Installation and
    28 TAC §§ 34.700 The Fire Sprinkler Rules

TEXAS GUIDELINES FOR THE CLASSIFICATION AND CODING OF INDUSTRIAL AND HAZARDOUS WASTES

Zoning laws are not a state issue but a county or local municipality issue. Here is a link to Ft Worth's Zoning...

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

24. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

You know it really helps if you read your links and try and understand why. Instead of just reading the title, seeing it fits with your theory and putting it out there.

The first link is from 2007 and talks about a single city in Texas not having property zoning. That city being Houston. Your second link clearly explains why those counties are not allowed to have a fire code. I know you didn't read it but if you do, you will see the reason is that they do not have full time fire departments. Right, they have volunteer fire departments. To have a fire code, you have to have fire inspectors who go check for violations of the fire code.

25. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So how does not having fire codes in such a large percentage of counties make it ok? Lower population does not reduce risk. not funding firefighters some how makes the risk less? they have had what three chemical explosions so far? and they were in unregulated areas. so these companies know where to build their dangerous plants imagine that. but if a school is next door no problems at all.