No wireless in OS X (10.4.11), but works in XP mode!?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Skygoing, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Skygoing macrumors newbie

Just as the title says, I can't get the ip addresses, etc., in OS X, nor can I get into the router's internal settings with OS X but I can do both with XP running on the same iMac.

Everything had been working fine, then a few days ago the internet would stop working and we'd get it back up after a modem reset, but now that's not working either. I have a new modem on the way but afraid that it's a software issue/bug. Not sure why I'd get perfect wireless in XP but not in OS X if it was the modem. :eek:

I've deleted the four files from Library/Preferences/SystemConfigurator to get rid of the "settings are being run by another program" issue, now just can't get online at all. When I check and renew DHCP, I get addresses like
    "169.254.195.191."

Any thoughts? Ideas? (shotgun is not an option for now)

2. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Follow the photos should be easy enough, btw im using 10.5.5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps any problems ask.

Edit: Added smaller focus, and words

3. Skygoing thread starter macrumors newbie

no dice...

I appreciate the response but even when I type in a manual ip address-- or all my information manually-- it still isn't working. for some reason I think the computer is recognizing the SSID but nothing else, as my SSID is showing up in the wireless signals list but I can't even log into the router using a web browser, unless I'm in XP. URG!