No wonder Jackson Jr is 'suffering'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by HyperX13, Aug 14, 2012.

1. HyperX13 macrumors 6502

Cheap democrat tricks never stop....

Documents and a whistle-blower affidavit obtained by The Daily Caller charge that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., and Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., participated in an unethical — and possibly illegal — effort to force 76 employees of an Illinois state agency to engage in political activity on the taxpayers’ dime.

According to the whistle-blower, Rev. Jackson also encouraged the government employees to load first-generation and low-income college students up with student loan debt — because Democrats in Congress, he allegedly promised, would eventually pass laws to forgive that debt later. “[T]hose people will continue to vote Democratic,” Jackson Sr. said, according to the whistle-blower.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/14/w...kson-jr-event-on-taxpayer-dime/#ixzz23XfYFSJw

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good. Let's hope charges are brought against Jackson and Pelosi if they did anything illegal.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

From the article ...

I'm calling shenanigans.

Load up on student debt now, because Democrats will eventually pass laws to forgive the debt.

Do you boys really believe he said that?

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I think the OP expected us all to come here and defend these politicians because this is a predominantly liberal forum. That won't be happening though. I have no problem admitting when democrats do stupid/illegal things, Republicans on the other hand will defend their own to the death.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't either.

And it would qualify as monumentally stupid if Jackson actually did tell people to go deeply into debt on the promise that eventually Democrats would forgive that debt.

Sounds like a right-wing wet dream to me.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Its almost as stupid as if one of those silly Republicans admitted that voter id laws were being put into place to make sure Romney is elected. On camera...
    Point? I'm never amazed at how utterly stupid public figures are.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Folks, this "story" is all over the right wing blogosphere but doesn't seem to come up in the legitimate media. Sounds like BS to me too.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hmm... lessee here. Where can I find a legitimate link to this story from a credible source?

Associated Press? Nothing listed.

Reuters? Nothing.

NPR? Nope.

Let's go more public.

CNN? Nope.

USA Today? Go Fish.

WashPo? Nope.

Let's try overseas.

The Guardian? Go smoke yourself a kipper.

Sydney Morning Herald? Nothing here, mate. Let's go play some footy.

In short, no credible news source around the world is reporting anything of this. So I just don't call shenanigans. I call straight b******t. But again, this is HyperX13, so I don't expect anything credible.

BL.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I went through five pages of Google results and found only the aforementioned right wing blogs, most of which I'd never even heard of.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So if there is nothing credible on this, and can't be verified by anything in the media, What does that say about the quality and believability of HyperX13 and his posts?

I know what it says to me. ;)

BL.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It says cheap republican tricks.

Nothing new. Just another waste of precious bandwidth .

12. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Would you be more persuaded if the OP were a buzzfeed link?

13. bradl, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I would be more persuaded if you, as well as the OP contributed something relative to the topic on hand, especially with links to stories from creditable media.

But like the Devil going down to Georgia and actually beating Johnny in a fiddling contest, it will never happen. So I digress.

BL.

14. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The daily caller isn't a real news site. Please provide a credible source.

I did a google search for Jesse Jackson Junior whistle blower and the only reference to this **news** is the daily caller. No AP, no Reuters, no credible news outlet to back up this "breaking story."

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You can't be surprised. I ignored this thread earlier because of the source.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I only read the post and didn't click the link. Read it as The Daily Beast.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nobody's perfect. ;)