No working ad block in safari

Nathan576

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
So unfortunately I have not been able to find a working ad block in safari, it keeps trying to take me to the App Store are use the crappy new ones that don't do a thing. When I try to install the original adblock it says "safari does not support unsafe extensions anymore" (I'm paraphrasing). Does anyone have a fix for this? I was really enjoying dark mode and suddenly I have ads all over.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I believe Mojave blocks all but the new "content blocker" type adblock extensions, so you will need to go with one of those.

MacBookSteve

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2018
So unfortunately I have not been able to find a working ad block in safari, it keeps trying to take me to the App Store are use the crappy new ones that don't do a thing. When I try to install the original adblock it says "safari does not support unsafe extensions anymore" (I'm paraphrasing). Does anyone have a fix for this? I was really enjoying dark mode and suddenly I have ads all over.
Wipr...

it's the only Adblock that anyone needs whether they're using / like it or not. It's the best.

Minimally invasive and "just works" in true Apple Fashion. No talent or knowledge needed.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Not exactly what you guys were looking for but I use whole house ad block with pfSense and pfblockerng. When away from the house I use an OpenVPN connection to route back through getting ad block on all my device as well as additional security. Saves the need to run a local ad block on all of your devices individually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.