Noise on both video and voice memo!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by serverplads, Oct 5, 2010.

1. serverplads macrumors member

Hi there

When I play a recorded video or voice memo on the iPhone I hear quite a lot of noise/static. If I then transfer the recordings to my Mac the noise is gone! Is that a common thing or what? Anybody experiencing the same?

Thanks

2. serverplads thread starter macrumors member

3. THE dAY macrumors 6502

I have had no issues with noise/static during playback with recorded video or the voice memos on my iPhone 4.

Is this still a problem after reboot?

Has it been like this from day 1?

4. serverplads thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply! Yes, the problem has been there since day one and is still there after reboot! When I play either recorded video or voice memo it’s like the volume have been turned up really high so you hear “empty” noise! It’s just strange, as you don’t hear it when it has been transferred to my computer. Can’t really be a problem with the speaker, as music sounds fine! I’m currently on 4.0.2! Do you think upgrading to 4.1 will make any different? I can’t really imagine that!

5. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Have you closed both problem apps from the bottom muliti-task bar before rebooting.

I noticed even after reboot that some apps will stay in the multi-task app switcher bar if they are left open prior to reboot.

Maybe try a hard reset: Holding both home and power button down until screen goes black and the apple logo appears then let go and let phone restart.

If that doesn't work and you aren't jailbroken then I would recommend restoring to 4.1 but "as new" and not from backup.

Make sure you backup anything you need like contacts/pics/vids before restoring.

You can resync your apps but any data saved within them will be lost.

I'm pretty sure this is what Apple would recommend as well.

Good luck

6. serverplads thread starter macrumors member

Once again thank you for your reply! I always do the hard reset when I reboot and that unfortunately doesn’t change anything. I might have to try to upgrade to 4.1 then. In general, do you think 4.1 better than 4.0.2? Thanks

7. djgulia macrumors 6502

My iphone does this, but only when I am taking video with very little sound. Going to 4.1 didn't solve the issue.

8. THE dAY macrumors 6502

You know what, djgulia is right. I just recorded a few seconds of video in my room which is quite and played back and I do hear a little static noise with volume full.

To me it's still within normal limits.

Transfered to my laptop and played but couldn't here it until I put my ear close to the speaker.

If this is what you're experiencing then I think it's normal.

EDIT: wanted to add that I'm on 4.0.1

9. serverplads thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I will do some testing with videos recorded in different environment to see if there is any difference with the sound.

10. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

You may also try to listen to the recordings on the iPhone thru a set of headphones, to rule out a speaker problem.