Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I've been looking for a thin keyboard that can prop up an iPad but I really haven't been able to find anything. The closest thing is the Logitech K480, but it seems pretty big. Is there anything like this, or should I just go the stand+keyboard route?

EDIT: bah, meant to post this in the accessories forum. My bad, my bad.

Last edited:

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
A lot of people use Apple Magic Keyboard 2

The precursor Apple Bluetooth Keyboard works just as well. You won't get the flat keys that many people like about the Magic Keyboard, but the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard has a more consistent feel than most of the MBP keyboards of its era. It's a better keyboard than what the laptops have built into them and an advantage it has over the Magic Keyboard is its weight and size. I would dare to say that it's also more durable than the Magic Keyboard. I'd be terrified to drop the Magic Keyboard, but with the old Bluetooth keyboard, you could throw it against a wall and it'll still work fine.

Plus you can find new Apple Bluetooth Keyboards for a bargain on eBay and other second hand markets.

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I was hoping to find something that could prop up or hold the iPad, but isn't a case. Keyboards like the Brydge are pretty close to what I want, but I don't care about the case aspect of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.