Non-folio iPad 2 cases. Why are they so hard to find for iPad 2, which is the best?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by j-a-x, Mar 22, 2011.

1. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I want to buy a case for my new iPad 2 but it seems there are very little choices in terms of non folio style cases on the market.

I don't want a folio case because I carry my iPad in a laptop sleeve in my backpack so I am not worried about the screen getting scratched. I don't see the purpose of a foio case besides that, and it ads a bit too much bulk to the iPad in my opinion.

I had a simple silicon skin on my old iPad that protected it from accidental drops just fine, which is my biggest worry. I might get a screen protector for my iPad 2 as well but so far I don't really think I need one and I think I prefer the screen clarity without the protector.

Does anybody know why the big case manufacturers (Griffin, Belkin, Incase) don't have any non-folio style cases for iPad 2?

And can anybody recommend a good iPad 2 case that I might not have found yet?

I actually just ordered this crazy cheap $2.99 "Crazy On Digital" clear TPU case from Amazon. I figure if it sucks, I only wasted $6 (including shipping) and at least it'll be something in the meantime before I find a better case.

2. phototech11 macrumors member

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The iPad2 has only been out a week so give it a chance.

By next month there will be many more and hundreds more will arrive after that!

Get the cheep one now and wait a few weeks, at least for the better cases!

4. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Have you not heard of eBay?

I ordered my silicone case last Thursday. $10. Bam.

5. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Is it any good? I looked on eBay but I opted for the $3 amazon case since I couldn't tell any difference in that and the ones on eBay.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

7. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x