Non functioning Prototype Leak?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twostep665, Aug 2, 2012.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Is it me or are others hoping apple widens the screen a bit, not just adds 1 inch in length?

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Not me. Longer yes, wider no. Longer, I will buy, wider, I go else where :D

----------

Not me. Longer yes, wider no. Longer, I will buy, wider, I go else where :D

PS: Unless wider means still keeping the same form factor, not wider like those Android phones

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Probably real. There are now too many different sources showing these parts to say that it's a controlled leak which is a fake. Even the home buttons from early this year match up.
    I like the design - although we wider screen would be nice, 4" is a start.

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I say it's probably real. I still hate the long screen and two tone back.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

This is got to be the real deal. As the previous post explains, there has been too many leaks showing these exact same parts, ranging from cases, outer shells, the famous recent leaks showing the HD pictures & now this (can not be a coincidence) so it has to be the real deal.

Watch it, the Apple humvees are here :)

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Hmmmm, that Home button doesn't look quite right to me...

7. MLG macrumors regular

Unfortunately, it looks pretty real. I'm still holding out hope that this is a fake, though. If it's just a stretched rehashed iPhone 4, I'll be looking elsewhere.

8. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I really don't like the two toned back thing they got going on...

9. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

I always keep my phone in my pocket, but that one's not going to fit any more.

10. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Home button looks like one from a cheap Android tablet modeled after an iPad.

11. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Those must be some small/tight pockets. The phone will undoubtedly be thinner, and other than that it's just an extra row of apps taller. It's not that drastic.

12. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I just hope the internals support NFC & LTE, should come pretty much standard with any future smartphone. I tried a Galaxy Nexus for like a week & I fell in love with the NFC feature (I was able to process some transactions a my local CVS store).

About the new micro connector, I wonder if whitin the connectors it can actually support at least micro-USB charging (this would definitely be awesome as I can put to use a lot of the micro-USB cables I have at home)

13. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

It must be a gender thing. For some reason, women's jeans never seem to have the generous pockets that men's do.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

Fake. Text on the back isn't Apple like and the home button looks trashy. The design and such may be real but this particular "prototype" / replica is a fake.

15. cynics macrumors G3

Man, I liked the other leaks but for some reason I notice how narrow it looks. I think that looks bad....I hope that's fake but I doubt it with all the similar leaks.

16. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

I do like how the screen is flush with the sides now looks great that way the only thing I don't like is the grills not being equal in number one side has 10 the other 16 but I don't look at them much anyway but all in all if it came out tomorrow I'd buy it

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Fake, look at the battery. It's says it's charging, but there is no cord plugged into it.

18. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Someone needs to give you an award... Forum rules prevent me from finishing my comment.

19. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

To me its just a spec bump just like the 4s. 4 inch screen!! Big deal and 4g which every phone for the last year has had. I'm not impressed one bit. And ios6 is on the same level as ice cream sandwich and not even remotely close to jellybean. I glad I switched a few months back. I have no regrets. Apple has lost their innovation and the phone market. Steve dieing has killed the innovation at apple. Its really sad.

20. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's called a NON-WORKING prototype for a reason.

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The Home button is nasty looking. LOL

22. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Eat #

23. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I really feel sorry for dedicated iOS users who are wishing for more than .5 inch.

24. gta50419 macrumors 6502

This can't be a serious question. It's basically an uglyier cheaper looking iphone 4.
    Apple won't release that garbage

----------

time to stop wearing women jeans.