Non-US customers get the short straw YET AGAIN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matttye, Jan 20, 2012.

1. matttye macrumors 601

The new textbooks available in iBooks are US-only...just like business search in Siri.

Apples iPhone and iPad are now released in markets worldwide yet they keep on releasing US exclusives constantly.

When will they care about their customers over the pond?! :(

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, we'll trade you iBooks 2 and Siri and in exchange you also have to take AT&T and Verizon and give us your carriers.

Deal?

(Shhh! Shut up! No one tell him about having to pay for incoming texts! Come on, stop laughing, guys! You'll ruin it!)

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If they didn't care at all, you wouldn't have ANY iPhones or iPads.

4. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah that's crazy :p but you get like double the minutes and texts for similar prices so it balances out!

Not sure how they can justify charging you for incoming calls and texts you might not even want!

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I know! You would think they were a U.S. company the way the act. Simply atrocious. :rolleyes:

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No chance:D And by the way OP, we did get freebies at Christmas. US mobile carriers really do suck....I can't understand how they get away with it. You and I get hacked off with our provider and we change....O2 hate me, I buy all my phones from Apple so they can't tie me into a 24 month contract, and as I explained to the sales guy that phoned today (contract is due for renewal) If you can't match this price, I'm gone....Just give me a code for my number.

Can't do that in the US.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, when it comes to things where other people own the content (like music, videos, and books), it's almost always an issue where the copyright owners haven't licensed Apple to sell their content worldwide.

On the plus side for you, by the time most things get released overseas, there are usually less bugs you have to endure. In the US, sure, we get a lot of Apple stuff first, but we also get all of the initial post-launch bugs, too.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

LoL :p

This response was amazing Small White Car... love it :D

9. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

True, nothing to do with Apple though!

And IMO O2 costs the most because it's the best network :p

They could work out deals with other overseas companies :p

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Brilliant!

11. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Sony and Nintendo have been releasing products to their homeland before other countries for years. Most companies do. Get over it.

12. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

And IMO O2 costs the most because it's the best network "...

True, but you we have leverage.....Just say "Giff Gaff" to them..Works a treat. I'm not leaving them anyway, they are pretty good to me, I pay just under £20.00 a month for pretty much unlimited everything. Like you say, they are probably the best carrier in the UK......Used to be with Orange in the early day's......Garbage...And worse now I hear.

13. aristobrat macrumors G4

How do you know that Apple's not already in the process of working out deals? Perhaps the overseas companies are holding off on signing until they see how well the launch does in the US. :p

14. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

Think you'll find the iPhone is available worldwide. They even released the iBooks update here, there's just no books available!

And Siri uses google maps which supports business searches here, so why does Siri not support it? Kind of ridiculous.

----------

Yeah orange is crap. It'll be good when orange and tmobile completely merge into everything everywhere and network switching is seamless, but until then..orange is cack.

----------

You're quite right, they could be. Just annoying having to wait :p we pay more for a device with less features.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

It's all about population density. U.S. Mobile carriers have to carry service to less people (per sq mile/km) over larger land mass than most other countries. The cost to cover such large land masses is expensive, then every couple of years everyone wants the latest technology over the same land mass.

It's not like they put up the towers and they make money off you forever, there are always more towers to build, and towers to upgrade, and they are always one step behind keeping you happy.

16. JadedBen macrumors regular

I wouldn't brag about that too much, lol..