None of my Apple devices are connecting to my WiFi today

unfunfionn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
For some reason, despite not changing anything, two MacBook Pros, an Apple TV 4K and an iPhone 8+ don’t load any apps/webpages on my 5ghz network since this morning. One MBP and the iPhone work on the 2.4ghz network but the other MBP and the ATV don’t.

A Moto X, a Kindle Paperwhite and a Samsung smart TV work perfectly on both networks.

I’ve tried disabling the networks, changing the frequency channels and restarting everything. Absolutely no difference.

Is there anywhere else I should try troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Fishrrman

macrumors P6
Feb 20, 2009
Power EVERYTHING down, including your internet modem/router/gateway (or whatever).

Then power things back on and try again.

Erehy Dobon

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2018
Since you are experiencing issues on multiple devices running different operating systems, I'd say your WiFi router is probably the source of your problems.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

unfunfionn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Long story short, it works again. I don't know why. I spent all early afternoon trying everything I could think of, without any improvement. Got frustrated, went outside for a couple of hours, and it worked when I got home.

I clearly need a new router. I'm using the one I got from Vodafone and it's obviously a temperamental piece of garbage.