None of my iOS Devices can connect to iTunes via WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Di4mondz, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Di4mondz, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

No it doesn't.

Are u running an OSX iTunes or a Windows iTunes?
    Did this EVER worked before? if it did what changes have u made since?

3. Di4mondz, Aug 20, 2013

Di4mondz thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

If u Google, u will see lots of people have problem with this. Look at the Apple support site, lots of complaints, some suggested solutions, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Answer: WIFI sync seems like a half-baked feature so far.

Specific to Windows I read: One thread blames a Windows App (forgot which one) is incompatible with WIFI sync. Solution: Reset the TCP/IP stack. Seems to have resolve the problem for some people, but not for others.

I used a Windows iTunes server and it mostly work.

I installed Bonjour for Windows.

At times, my AppleMobileService max out my cpu, I just kill it.

When WIFI sync stops working, I USB plug in my iPhone, uncheck the WIFI SYNC box, close iTunes, re-open, and re-check the WIFI SYNC box again, this seems to put me back in business. Don't ask me why, but that's what I do to keep it working.

When it works is great. I come home, plug in my charge cable, and as long as my server box is on and iTunes is loaded, it starts to SYNC the stuff my server box has downloaded for the day.

Needless to say, you want to run the latest version of iTunes. I believe WIFI SYNC started with 10.7.

My WIFI SYNC even when it works, doesn't seems to like synching more than once a day.

5. Di4mondz, Aug 20, 2013

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The last thing I would explore is, hopefully u have a simple LAN: Single Subnet, Single Access Point.

But I think u have come to end of the road.

7. Di4mondz, Aug 20, 2013

8. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

If any of your iOS devices have AppleCare protection plan you can call apple tech support and they'll help you with getting it fixed. If you don't have AppleCare, then you can decide on whether fixing this issue is worth paying $19 dollars for.

9. Mrbobb, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

I just found out my, new to me, Dlink DIR-825 router broke my WIFI sync, vs my old airlink router worked just fine. This %&^#$ router also broke my DLNA service. Haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet.