None of the Walmarts Around Me have the New iPads (Long Beach, CA)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arcadia310, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

So i've tried calling some of the Walmarts around me and they either have no idea what I'm talking about or claim they have not received shipment yet. Anyone else in the SoCal Long Beach area having similar results? You find any stores that confirmed they have them in stock now?

2. rman726 macrumors 6502

Try going anyways. The people at my walmart were pretty clueless about the iPads. They did have them though.

3. caliwolv macrumors member

Nor cal here, the only 24 hours stores in my area claim they either don't have them or are not selling them until 8am.

4. ms.annette macrumors regular

ms.annette

I live in the same area as you and honestly, all our local walmarts suck and the employees are clueless. I advise going yourself to check it out.

5. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

Are all Walmarts open 24 hours? When I look online it says all the Walmarts close at 10PM, even the Supercenters.

----------

Yeah. I just don't want to roll up there and the stores are all dark and closed up and I have no idea if they're going to open up or what.

6. jsolares macrumors 6502a

some say open 24hrs, those are the ones with ipads available at midnight. so no, not all walmarts open 24hrs

7. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm trying to call them now and none of them are picking up the phone. One of the stores labeled '24 hours' just told me they were closing soon. :confused:

8. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

9. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

10. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

11. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Have you tried the one on Carson?

12. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I would go, I just walked in and got mine and the associate had no clue about them. mine had 5 of every model.

13. b0r3dguy macrumors member

b0r3dguy

I live in Anaheim and there's a 24 hour Wal-Mart right off the 5 Freeway off of Euclid. I may be heading there in a bit to check if they have it.

There are quite a few 24 Hour Wal-Marts in SoCal...it all depends on how far you want to drive to get one :D

14. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

Not answering the phone. None of the walmarts up here are picking up. Hmm

15. REDTAZ macrumors regular

I'd say just walk in and see if they have it and if they don't, if you have a Sams Club membership just walk to Sams club since they'll have them at 7 am. As a heads up though that Sams Club location will only have the 64gb in Black so ill be going to a different one ;) No Sams Clubs are carrying the 32gb :/

16. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

I think Santa Ana and Anaheim are 24 hour.

The one in either Westminster (or is it Garden Grove? Well...somewhere near there) MIGHT be 24 hour...I would lean more toward not 24 hour.

17. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

It's also 24 hours. (Beach & trask)

18. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

what about the Walmart in Torrance? I think it's near Normandie blvd. there is also the Walmart on Crenshaw near the mall I think. just throwing those out there that I remember seeing. good luck!

19. iroxtar macrumors member

I am in line at the pico rivera walmart. Came about 9pm was 20th in line. They have 35 here. Wanted white bt only had black by the time i got my ticket. Oh well.

20. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I'm in Burbank, and unfortunately we don't have any 24hr stores around here either. I'm still debating where to go to get it...:apple:

21. iroxtar macrumors member

Lol i live in burbank too. Yes no walmarts around us. Went over to these neck of the woods after calling several stores. San dimas also had some.

22. knoxtown macrumors 6502

What do you think about the Targets, Best Buys, and Radio Shacks etc around here? I never even bothered to show up on a launch day, but didn't preorder this time around.

Hoping to go in the morning to get one...

23. iroxtar macrumors member

My initial plan was to check out best buy tomorrow around 6-7 am. Will probably try around 8 to see if i can snag a white one. At least target is next door lol.

24. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I was probably going to do the same thing. Looking for the 32gig Black WiFi. I'm about about to hop in the car and drive out there; scope it out. :cool: