noob : 3.1.3 iphone 3gs want to jailbreak not got a clue, anyone???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tibomalfet, Mar 30, 2010.

1. tibomalfet macrumors newbie

Hi All,

As a complete noob to the world of iphone hacking i,m very confused by the amount of different hacks for the iphone.

I bought the iphone 3gs last week, it has 3.1.3 firmware on it and i want to jailbreak it.

Any help, advice , pointers would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Tom

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

as above

you can't nobody knows for sure when! exploit has been found but that doesn't mean Jb is coming soon! btw there are at least 10 threads on the front page this section alone that tell you there is no jb right now! 1st rule of jb is you never want the latest greatest firmware! ;)

4. OtterRise macrumors newbie

Actually. 3.1.3 could be jailbroken.

Look up Snowbreeze. it's fairly simple too. just follow the instructions.

It should work on a 3gs because i see the support for it, but you'll have to look into that and not just take my word. I can assure u it works on a 3g though, because i just did mine last night.

if u need a better tutorial, youtube one. I've seen a few there.
    hope this helps.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're giving out false information:rolleyes:
    A 3G and a 3GS is totally different when it comes to JB.

6. OtterRise macrumors newbie

My appologies if the information is wrong. I tend to trust things a little too easily... maybe. haha. lets just take what i said as advice and less of information.

anyways, i'm new to the forum and not sure if this would be against any forum rules, but here's a link to what i was talking about. could someone confirm what i said, if i'm right, i'm glad i can help. if i'm wrong i deeply apologize.

http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.3/

*Update.
    I think this only works with certain exceptions. mainly having an old bootloader?
    my research might be false though. hmm... :p

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its ok.
    Taken from your link:
    One thing which is to be noted here is that it will work with iPhone 3GS only if it has the older bootrom (non-MC model). iPhone 3GS users who have upgraded to the stock 3.1.3 are still out of luck.

So basicly you gotta have it on 3.1.2 non-mc model to be able to upgrade to a JB 3.1.3 version.

8. tibomalfet thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, so i think im gathering that mine cannot be done just yet, its only a metter of time until a boffin comes up with a hack just like the psp gen a,b and so on??? Can someone tell me if when it does become available will there be a post of some kind on this site??

Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks for replying to my last post, very grateful indeed

9. Jayomat macrumors 6502a

Jayomat

if you follow the board and http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ you'll notice.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Might be worth adding

That sn0wbreeze is not a trusted jailbreak tool yet, but to each there own. I only trust dev-team and Geohot