Nordstrom responds to viral letter calling on retailer to drop Ivanka Trump's 'toxic' brand

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Nov 3, 2016.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Made by, worn by and modeled by foreigners. Ironic is an understatement.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well she is getting sued for patent infringements. a chip off the old block there.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

where is the irony?

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Last year, I spent over $15,000 in that store," she said. "I have spent roughly $8,000 with Nordstrom this year to date, but I have not shopped there for the past month and will not shop there for the holiday season as a result of this boycott."

Laura said she rarely shops at stores other than Nordstrom, but will be boycotting any other stores that carry the Trump brand, including Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales.

Yet she didn't tweet those receipts.

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I'm sure the mother working 2 jobs to support her family can totally relate with this.

7. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Dumb.

Who cares who a company backs or what their particular political motives are? If you choose to protest Chick Fi A, Target, Yuengling, Hobby Lobby... you're just an annoying screechy voice in society. Kindly move to the edge of the sidewalk with your preaching while the rest of the world goes on about their day.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Love me some hate chicken except on Sunday, the day I most want some and drive 20 minutes to get only to be reminded that they are closed. Target is my favorite retail store. Yuengling is ok-ish. Don't think I have ever been in a Hobby Lobby.

9. Zenithal macrumors 603

Yuengling? As in the beer? I've always viewed Nordstrom as a step up from an outlet retailer.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Find a Raising Cane's. Much better chicken and open on Sundays! :D

As for Nordstorm, I think the women is fully within her rights to let a business know why she will shop somewhere else.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why shouldn't people follow free market principles?

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Noooo. Cane's is okay. See I think part of it is that I don't get to eat Chick Fil A but once a quarter because I rarely go to that side of town. Cane's is decent but over-rated, most places are over-rated, that or I am not a foodie. The only place that has been as described is Ted's Montana Grill. I love me some buffalo steak.

I agree with her being within her rights to tell them why she wont shop there. They are within there right saying, okay.

13. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Rumor has it (which may not be accurate) that major retailers carrying Trump brands are having fire sales due to low sales. That's all it will take if true.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I ate yak once.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How was it?

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Bison and Elk are tasty.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    lol

PoliticsUSA? Democraticunderground? rightwingwatch?

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

:eek: Take that back!

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

20. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68020

shyam09

I'm guessing Donald Trump merchandise is not Ivanka Trump merchandise?

Ahh the good old was would.

21. chown33 macrumors 604

It's a sign of age: was wood.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

You know your furniture's old when it petrifies. Bonus points if it has fossils in it.

23. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Never said that they couldn't. Only that they're annoying, and stay out of the way of people who choose not to participate in the silliness. Your viewpoint should in no way affect someone else's ability to ignore it and continue on about his or her day.

The PTC is a great example of an organization that lobbied together to bully television shows based on content. Or for an even more specific case, look up Terry Rakolta. People who didn't agree with content in front of them, but rather than do the decent act of simply turning the channel, they decided to make a big issue about it which in turn altered others' ability to make choices.

This whole protest-mindset is rude, egotistical, and a social annoyance. By all means, keep "your" right to do it. But you're an @sshole.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

But those protests have also helped eliminate apartheid, massively reduced child labour, stopped animal testing for cosmetics and encouraged the sale of FairTrade goods and living wages for example.