North Carolina GOP: Tim Kaine "shameful" for wearing "Honduras flag pin"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zioxide, Jul 28, 2016.

1. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The party of "patriots" strikes again! The same party who claims it's always the Democrats who "hate the military".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/28/north-carolina-gop-apologizes-tweet-blasting-tim-k/

Only one problem with their astute observation... the pin is actually the Blue Star Mothers Service Flag, and Tim Kaine was wearing it to honor his son who is a US Marine currently deployed overseas.

The tweet:
    [​IMG]

2. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I am not sure which I find more pathetic - the Republican's pathological hated for anything Clinton, or the Republican's pathological obsession with flag lapel pins.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Maybe they'll ask their own on this patriotic issue:

http://www.ontheissues.org/SenateVote/Party_2005-63.htm

But I otherwise agree with the flag issue because if someone hoisted the US flag in another country's convention or wearing the pin representing another country and it isn't involving (for example) the Olympics, how would they be treated?

4. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Oh good, I was hoping this would get its own thread. :rolleyes:

5. zioxide thread starter macrumors 603

zioxide

Huh?

Did you only read the headline?

6. chown33 macrumors 604

There's an old saying about wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Looks like the new one is about wearing your allegiance on your lapel.

7. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

i think he's referring to the fact that this topic was previously mentioned in the huge DNC thread.

although i will say it seems as if this concept of lapel pins was magnified by fox news people looking for a way to dog obama throughout his presidency. similar to him saluting an officer with a coffee cup in his hands. the fact that this was another politician doing it though is pretty classless

8. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

I don't think zioxide was responding to me...

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In a similar vein, Donald Trump Jr. accused President Obama of stealing one of "his" speech lines.

Of course, Obama has been talking about "the America I know" for years.

Trump junior sounds as uninformed as Trump daddy.

10. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

oh yeah whoops i can't sEe

11. zioxide thread starter macrumors 603

zioxide

That was hilarious. I saw the NBC Nightly News article about it, which also cited multiple speeches in 2010, 2012, etc. where Obama used the same exact phrase. I don't think Junior Trump understands what plagiarism is. They must not teach that at Trump U.

The stupid doesn't fall far from the tree in the Trump family apparently.

12. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

yeah its like they try to copy what bad things happen to them and try to turn it aroudn to pin it on other people but it just falls flat in their face every time. that at least is a trump only thing

13. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

It doesn't look like an American Flag and I can see how it might be mistaken for a different country's flag, especially if you're not familiar with what a Blue Star Service pin is or looks like. Oops! That's embarrassing!! They apologized, deleted the tweet. Can we move on? Much ado about nothing? Or do we really have to endure the Liberal Rehash??

14. zioxide thread starter macrumors 603

zioxide

If the situation was reversed and a Democrat did this, this thread would already be 10 pages.

15. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

The point isn't that he was wrong. The point is that he even thought to bring it up in the first place. It's just so superficial. Who cares what pin he's wearing? At the best it's just a misstep and the at worst he's just trying to gain sympathy votes or rile up a base for the silliest of reasons.

16. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Because...this forum leans right?? :D:D

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I know sarcasm when I see it.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The fact that anyone gives a **** whether someone is wearing a flag pin or not or whatever the **** pin you want to wear is just sad. Keep it up, the political class loves it.