North Korea accuses John McCain of 'blasphemy' for calling Kim Jong-un 'that crazy fat kid'

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/30/john-mccain-sparks-war-words-north-korea-calling-kim-jong-un/

US Senator John McCain has sparked a war of words with North Korea after describing its dictator Kim Jong-un as a “crazy fat kid” in a TV interview.

Mr McCain’s assessment of Kim, 33, came just a few months after China blocked internet searches on the taboo subject “Kim Fatty the Third”, something not well received in Pyongyang.

The Korean Central News Agency, widely viewed as the mouthpiece of the reclusive regime, denounced the remarks as “a grave provocation” that were a “little short of a declaration of war,” reported the Daily Caller

Mr McCain told MSNBC’s Greta van Susteren in an interview on March 22 that the “crazy fat kid that’s running North Korea” is far worse than some of history’s worst dictators.

“He’s not rational, Greta,” he said. “We’re not dealing even with someone like Joseph Stalin, who had a certain rationality to his barbarity.”

A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman told KCNA that Mr McCain’s comments were “blasphemy” and that he had offended the dignity of the country and its supreme leadership.

Show more
He added that “hardline conservative figures like Ted Cruz”, the Republican Senator for Texas, were also affronting the “supreme dignity” of Kim by proposing to relist North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism.

North Korea warned Mr McCain and Mr Cruz that they were “like [puppies] knowing no fear of the tiger”.

But Mr McCain appeared to be unfazed by riling a dictatorial regimethat is known more for its nuclear weapons threat than its sense of humour.

“What, did they want me to call him a crazy skinny kid?” he quipped from his Twitter account, linking to the Daily Caller story.

John McCain

✔@SenJohnMcCain

What, did they want me to call him a crazy skinny kid? https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/847160200163397634 …

12:05 PM - 29 Mar 2017

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
but I thought he liked trump?
For just once can we have a thread that doesn't invoke Trump? This has nothing to do with Trump. Kim is nothing but a man child. The best thing that the world can do is ignore him and his hermit kingdom.
[doublepost=1490899159][/doublepost]
At least they didn't claim slander, because...

Must be hard being the only fat kid in Korea.:p
How awesome would it be to see him flip out at all the fat kid cake memes?

Reactions: tshrimp

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
For just once can we have a thread that doesn't invoke Trump? This has nothing to do with Trump.
You know, I'm a bit curious to see what the reactions would have been had Trump been the ones behind those words. :p

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
For just once can we have a thread that doesn't invoke Trump? This has nothing to do with Trump. Kim is nothing but a man child. The best thing that the world can do is ignore him and his hermit kingdom.
[doublepost=1490899159][/doublepost]
How awesome would it be to see him flip out at all the fat kid cake memes?
Well NK is on its way to pissing off Japan. We are going to have to deal with their insanity eventually, I think.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
No surprise when Dictator Mc Fatty Fat is the only one in the country with access to food.

Reactions: tshrimp

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
You see McCains response when Kim was outraged.

He said, well you didn't expect me to say crazy skinny kid, did you?
[doublepost=1490933301][/doublepost]
It's one of those things where we never should have stopped when we started. Maybe MacArthur was right.
Yeah we almost had em till the million Chinese crossed into NK and beat us back to the 38th parallel.

satcomer

macrumors 603
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I'm convinced that NK fat man is scared that if he doesn't have Nuclear weapons his people would over through him like when Gaddafi gave up his nuclear weapons then during so called "Arab Spring" that lead to Gaddafi's death!