North Korea Fires another missle

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by deany, May 28, 2017.

1. deany macrumors 68030

deany

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

3. niploteksi macrumors regular

4. deany, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Hi
    I put the two separate as the US are the 'Worlds Police' and seem to have more sway - decide what they want to do, in these matters.

5. niploteksi macrumors regular

Yes, the US definitively have more sway in this case. I eagerly await president Trump's finely honed diplomatic skills to spring into action. Maybe the POTUS will handshake those red button pressing fingers of the second most supreme leader. After a few white knuckle and socket wrenching pulls those fat fingers aren't going to be pressing anything.

Or maybe he could just push him around and call him names until he gives up and cries.

6. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

The North Korean government justifies its existence on the basis that it is at war, and the measures it takes are required in order to repel the enemy.

To do this, of course, the North Korean government needs an enemy. The United States has been all too happy to play this role; after failing to successfully capture liberate the entire peninsula back in the 50s, we've been all too happy to continue to keep plenty of military hardware in the region, and station thousands of our own troops as hostages defenders along the South Korean border.

So yes, North Korea constantly struts their military up and down, shows off their tanks and their submarines, their missiles and their bombs, and throws temper tantrums every chance they get, all in the name of "scaring off" the enemy that is always at the door.

And now, they have a device that, with an extremely strong tailwind, might just have enough oomph to barely reach a plot of land where the American flag is flying. And so yes, how much more patience must we have?

Perhaps, just perhaps, we should simply withdraw from the borders of this tiny little nation on the entire other side of the planet from us. Maybe if we are not a threat to them, they won't be a threat to us. I mean, what is the point of even being involved with them in the first place?

7. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Today is Border Guard's Day so a missile launch today makes sense in every way!

8. cube macrumors G5

A missile a day keeps the Navy away?

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

10. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Apparently this one flew far enough to reach Japan's "exclusive economic zone", so it fell into waters that have civilian ships and aircraft moving through them. Whether or not it broke apart, the debris had the potential to hurt someone...

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Interesting. Depends on its speed going up, altitude and what speed or speed mark it reached while coming down and how it impacted with the water. In other words, the Japanese will likely be performing a recovery operation to study the material.

12. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I'd be surprised if any of it floats. But yeah, if they've got the equipment to retrieve debris from the ocean floor, this'd be a fine opportunity to put it to use.

13. cube macrumors G5

And if it is too difficult it is a great reason to develop the capability.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Let them fire 300 missiles. Who cares? They are targeting fish

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

they can't afford that and they hate the sea.

17. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Yeah.....when we fired off test missile after test missile in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s it was all peachy keen. How dare another country do the same thing. The nerve of the North Koreans thinking they have the same right to develops and test technology like we do.

So who did they attack with these missiles? Oh. Nobody.

They just threatening us right? Course we don't threaten them, sending fleets into area, that's no threat right. Cuz we are the good guys. And we would never use atomic weapons first......oops, can't actually use that excuse, red faced.

Let"s see.....who is the agressor nation attacking other nations and waging war for decades?

Why should North h Korea even remotely think they might need missiles and nukes?

This is so much one sided nonsense. Be very careful you don't start believing our own lies.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Go live in NK for a while and you'll figure out who the good guys are.

19. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

You beat your own record for responding with nonsense, congrats.

No I won't move to North Korea and no I won't stop with my constitutional right to challenge nonsense and war monger if talk when I hear it.

Part of being the "good guys" is recognizing we can't just go around doing what we want. Your deflection is classic and understandable. Of course we have no justification for invading and occupying other countries other than we can.

And allowing other nations to pursue their own defense, well we can't have that can we. I bet it never once crossed you mind that if we didn't act like the school yard bully all the time, other idiot leaders like Kim wouldn't be quite so all fired ready to respond to our idiot leader.

What I see is all this comparing of D**** getting a lot of innocent young military people killed. Not to mention civilians.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Spot on

21. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

This. The western propaganda paints Kim as a loon but Denis Rodman says he's a good guy. I struggle with the western propaganda aspect as there's no independent news source you can trust to report on NK who doesn't have an agenda. Truth is that NK doesn't threaten me or anybody else in America so not our problem to be global policeman again.

22. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

The only people in real jeopardy are the Koreans North and South. I can see Trump doing something to deflect from his Russian investigation, like instigate a war. We only have 28K troops there so no big loss, right Donald. And as for the Koreans, well truth be told, you don't much see them as important, South or North. In fact would be good for business, right if Seoul got nuked.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Must be why the UN has been supplying food aid to a populace on the brink of starvation while their fatass leader plays god. Have you watched any docs on NK or do you just pull **** out of your ass? Dennis Rodman is a ****ing idiot and was basically living it up on the high Life while the country outside scraped by.

24. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

But there are countries in Africa which are starving too with crazy leaders living the high life. This is nothing new so why is it different for NK? Which docs from which channel? Right oh, then.