North Korea more ******* crazy than ever.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Dec 27, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The sad thing is this country actually believes the crap they say.

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Well o.k. ... but how is that anymore "******** crazy then ever" ???

Same old same old.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I saw this earlier, on Yahoo News.The tl;dr version of the comments section was basically "How dare Kim call 0bummer a monkey, that's our job!"

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Pyongyang has accused President Obama of "reckless words and deeds" and said the U.S. is "playing hide and seek as children with runny noses would."

In August, it called Secretary of State John F. Kerry a wolf with a “hideous lantern jaw.”

In May, its official news agency called Obama a “crossbreed” and “a wicked black monkey,” while referring to South Korean President Park Geun-hye as “an old prostitute.”

The movie has proved a surprise success in China, with tens of thousands of people downloading it — most illegally — within hours of it being made available online. The country’s leader is often mockingly referred to by Chinese Web users as “Fatty Kim III.”

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

While I do not advocate this, the truth is that the best thing that could happen to North Korea is that they get attacked by the USA. Yes, there would be some destruction but then we'd come in and rebuild their country, spending a fortune. New leadership would be less oppressive and there would be a good chance of normalizing relations with South Korea.

Sometimes, I believe that Pyongyang may be trying to do this with things like threats toward the west that are obviously laughable and launching missile tests that show that they are somewhat of a threat to other countries.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I asked a Korean (ROK) officer what really constitutes the nation of Korea. He drew a circle around the entire peninsula (obviously) but then included half of Manchuria. The other officers nodded solemnly. No doubt China is aware of that worldview and will regard unification with appropriate concern.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

While that may be true (need to read up on Korean history) I'm pretty sure that there main concern regarding an unified Korea is about US troops moving north from the 38th towards the (current) chinese borders.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I agree. Nothing to add. Just thought it would be nice to agree for a change. ;)

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

N. Korea lives in a completely different world.

10. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Many years ago, I met four North Korean officers. They all four spoke English but were very cautious in every thing they said. They wanted to discuss baseball and blue jeans. They were confused by the rules of the game and really wanted to know if we had any extra blue jeans in our bags.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's true; whether there is a historical basis for that I don't know. Ethnic Koreans have always lived in Manchuria, though.

If North Korea does collapse, China will be integral to the stabilization & reunification effort and no U.S. troops will be marching towards the Yalu.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

How you can possibly believe that with the US' record in the invasion and rebuilding business is utterly beyond me.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It makes sense to them, because it's exactly how they would do it; Everything in North Korea is done with the approval of Kim Jong-Un and his subordinates.

14. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Do you really think that North Korea could be in worse shape than it is now? The internet for the whole country was shut down and very few people even noticed.

15. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The horror! They probably ignorantly spent the day outside with their families and friends. Little do they know how much they suffer....

16. VideoFreek macrumors 6502

VideoFreek

Oh, right, I'm sure they'd run into the streets showering our troops with flowers and kisses, just as the Iraqis did when we "liberated" them from Saddam. :rolleyes:

The sad truth is that the North Koreans have achieved the kind of perfected totalitarian state envisioned by Orwell in 1984. They've conquered the hearts and minds of their people; the outpouring of love and affection for Dear Leader that we see in their propaganda is apparently quite real, as much as we'd like to believe otherwise. If you imagine North Korea to be a nation simmering under the yoke of oppression, yearning to be free, you are sadly mistaken.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Isn't that what everyone said about Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and Libya?

18. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Why would you want to go into North Korea? I thought you wanted the US to stay out of these affairs.

19. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I was specific, I don't want to go into North Korea. I said that I sometimes believe that North Korea is trying to instigate some sort of response form the west in order to get attacked, and then get help to rebuild and feed the population.

20. localoid, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Kim Jong-un is bat-**** crazy and has enough weapons-grade plutonium for at least six nuclear bombs...

What could possibly go wrong?

21. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I believe that North Korea is saber rattling in hopes that the west will want him to stop his nuclear program bad enough to play "Let's make a deal." We've done so before.

----------

Actually, the Kuwaitis did just that when we liberated them from Iraq.

22. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

North Korea has an extremely active ballistic missile development program and finally boosted a small satellite into orbit using a domestically assembled Unha-3 rocket at the end of 2012 which North Korea could use as the basis for building an ICBM capable of reaching the U.S. mainland.

Back in August of this year a U.S. think tank reported that North Korea was believed to be expanding a uranium-enrichment centrifuge plant at its Yongbyon nuclear complex while trying apparently to renovate its 5-megawatt nuclear reactor for plutonium production.

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

If North Korea were to actually attack the United States with such a missile, what would the end result be?

24. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

One bomb.;)

25. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Dunno. Please tell me what would happen, along with sharing your impression of how China and Russia would react.