North Korea says Trump isn't screwy at all, a wise choice for president

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jul 27, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

But of course.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YN35S

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

what will the world do with two dear leaders?

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I think we're at three and counting?

6. SLC Flyfishing, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

If I was North Korea and I wanted Hillary to win I'd endorse Trump too!

Apparently a not insignificant number of Americans are gullible like that.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Double bluff, reverse psychology, since everyone is saying Trump hired Russia then it's not less nuts for anyone to claim Clinton hire NK.

Tinfoil hats galore in what is a nutcase leader from NK trying to make the show more entertaining.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    Let's say that you rule NK. Why would you care about some other country's election when you'd hate the country for ideological values to begin with?

8. SLC Flyfishing, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Maybe I see an opportunity to have a weak leader who has a penchant for war and keeps state secrets on an unsecured server in her bathroom? What's not to like if your a Korean dictator?

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Peace with the ruskies, now peace with the commies.

Trump, building bridges while still campaigning. Imagine how many miracles we will be blessed with when he is the president?

:D

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

11. brewmonkey macrumors regular

12. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

It's a smoke screen.

Double bluff.

Look, you know nothing about intelligence work.

It's an XK Red technique.

13. chown33 macrumors 604

I can't help wondering who would receive an endorsement from Generalissimo Francisco Franco, were he not still dead.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Their computers could never connect to Mac rumors

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Did your lights just flicker?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    Wow, you think Clinton learned nothing from running those gauntlets over the server stuff? Reallly?

Anyway knowing Clinton as the hawkish thing she is, I'd say Dear Leader's assessment of her as weak is unlikely.

She's more likely to pick up the phone and ask China to help us interpret the possible intent of NK in some petulant NK-China communications we just lifted off the Dear Leader's foreign secretary's servers.

You know, just a chat between "cool-war competitors and partners" (I first read that descriptor in a book by Noah Feldman), US and China, about a pesky little satelittle state's peskiness. And just to let China know we know whatever we learned from the data lift. China would know we didn't need help with the interpretation. They might welcome the input from a fresh view of their pesky situation though. And of course also take it as a warning to chat up the Dear Leader's IT group about security.

If NK vanished tomorrow, just magically turned into a nice plateau w/ porkers grazing corn at one end, some soy fields in the middle and some huge rice paddies at the other end, you think China would be annoyed at this cartographic miracle? China would light a couple sticks of incense to celebrate, then call up SK and say let's make some better deals than you used to have with what's his name...

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, I'm sure N. Korea will just lay down their nuclear arms and missle programs now.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you agree Bin Laden wanted Bush to win a second term?

18. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Putin said some nice things about Trump and Trump clearly liked it. Trump praised Putin's leadership style, but not without also adding that Putin "called me a genius." It clearly tickled his ego. If I was North Korea, I'd see that polls show Trump could actually win this thing and I'd see that Trump is the first potential president in a long time who isn't going along with the status quo of the government's views toward other countries, and I'd try to praise him too. Because hey, if Trump is willing to withdraw from NATO even a bit and is speaking highly of Russia, stating that he'd want the two countries to be more friendly, maybe he'd also stop supporting South Korea to the degree that previous American governments have. Heck, maybe he'd also throw in a kind word about Kim Jong-un's leadership style and say that he wants the two countries to be friendlier. Couldn't hurt, right?

19. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Wait..... On another thread Hillary is a war monger that will lead the world to nuclear war and total destruction. Which is it people, weak sister or war monger? Shouldn't put both lies up at the same time, they tend to conflict.

20. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

It's both, read the whole post!

21. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

22. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Notice the air quotes around ‘Smart Power.’ Hillary is a warmonger and psychopath.

Hillary Clinton, ‘Smart Power’ and a Dictator’s Fall

The president was wary. The secretary of state was persuasive. But the ouster of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi left Libya a failed state and a terrorist haven.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

[...]

Her conviction would be critical in persuading Mr. Obama to join allies in bombing Colonel Qaddafi’s forces. In fact, Mr. Obama’s defense secretary, Robert M. Gates, would later say that in a “51-49” decision, it was Mrs. Clinton’s support that put the ambivalent president over the line.

[...]

This is the story of how a woman whose Senate vote for the Iraq war may have doomed her first presidential campaign nonetheless doubled down and pushed for military action in another Muslim country. As she once again seeks the White House, campaigning in part on her experience as the nation’s chief diplomat, an examination of the intervention she championed shows her at what was arguably her moment of greatest influence as secretary of state. It is a working portrait rich with evidence of what kind of president she might be, and especially of her expansive approach to the signal foreign-policy conundrum of today: whether, when and how the United States should wield its military power in Syria and elsewhere in the Middle East.

[...]

Libya’s descent into chaos began with a rushed decision to go to war, made in what one top official called a “shadow of uncertainty” as to Colonel Qaddafi’s intentions. The mission inexorably evolved even as Mrs. Clinton foresaw some of the hazards of toppling another Middle Eastern strongman. She pressed for a secret American program that supplied arms to rebel militias, an effort never before confirmed.​

Hillary arms terrorists to destroy nations, from Libya to Syria. And this was after she helped the Bush regime completely **** Iraq up and get, at minimum, hundreds of thousands killed: Men, women, children, babies, toddlers, sisters, grandmothers and daughters, sons, brothers and grandfathers. Always for lies.

**** Hillary.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not clear that letting Quadaffi run riot in Benghazi would have seemed the better option at the time...

24. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Clinton Emails on Libya Expose The Lie of ‘Humanitarian Intervention’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-kovalik/clinton-emails-on-libya-e_b_9054182.html

By now, everyone but the most delusional must concede that the Libya intervention was a debacle of gigantic proportions. Libya remains a failed state with Jihadists controlling huge swaths of the country, including the once-prosperous town of Sirte.

The security of Tunisia, Mali and the Lake Chad Region (Nigeria, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon) has been profoundly undermined by the spill-over from the Libya conflict. And, though the NATO intervention in Libya was allegedly undertaken on humanitarian grounds, the human rights situation in Libya is a disaster, as “thousands of detainees [including children] languish in prisons without proper judicial review,” and “kidnappings and targeted killings are rampant.”

Incredibly, the deeper questions about the Libya intervention and its aftermath remain a largely verboden topic, even as the invasion’s prime intellectual author, Hillary Clinton, campaigns for the highest office in the land. However, thanks to the release of many of her emails from her time as Secretary of State, one can get a rare glimpse into the making of what has been claimed to be a “humanitarian intervention.” And, the emails show that the NATO operation was nothing of the sort.

Thus, while Clinton was able to obtain passage of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973 - a resolution which authorized a no-fly zone to protect civilians - on March 17, 2011, those civilians that Clinton claimed needed most urgent protection (the civilians in the town of Benghazi) were relatively safe by this time.

**** Hillary.

Warning: Graphic