North Korea suspends testing and closes site

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by raqball, Apr 20, 2018.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

This could be much of the same or it could be positive news..

North Korea suspends missile testing, closing nuclear test site, reports say

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un announced Friday that his country will be suspending missile testing and closing a nuclear test site, several reports said.

"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said, according to Yonhap News. "The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country's northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear test."

The announcement comes amid a planned meeting set later this year between President Trump and the North Korean dictator.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ng-closing-nuclear-test-site-reports-say.html

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it's happening folks ... Kim's only in his 30s and wants to live.

3. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

In the past I've always been skeptical but for some reason this time I have a feeling that it might actually work. Trump won't get played and I firmly believe NK knows they are out of options.. I also give the Chinese credit for applying pressure..

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Trump could probably close this Kim deal by giving him season's tickets to the Cavs and Warriors :cool:

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Great, let UN inspectors confirm it and we'll be golden because without that it's a worthless claim.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Cool, now shut down the concenteation camps and release the prisoners

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Will be huge for Trump if true. If he gets them to agree to inspections on the condition we ease sanctions, he will get my credit.

*But... this is Trump, and Un knows that. I will use skeptical optimism with the belief Un is bluffing, or for real and Trump will not get complimented on his hair during the summit and instead wage war.

8. ucfgrad93, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

9. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Agree but getting rid of their nukes is high priority.. Hopefully this works out. I read something earlier where Un said he wanted to focus on his economy. Maybe the dude is seeing the light and the $$$$$ the US can provide.

10. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

If he wants to improve the economy, he should give more power to the citizens. Hopefully the US can help

11. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

12. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

It will be interesting to follow, assuming the deal even goes through that is... I do wonder if this is not the same delay tactic they've used in the past.

13. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

I am thinking of the other side of this which is that Trump might actually manage to get rid of all nuclear weapons from the Korean peninsula and this will turn out to be his signature policy that gets him reelected.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 20, 2018 ---
    US Prisons?

14. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Since Little Rocketman took over I’ve always suspected that his end game was to bring North Korea back into global society.

If that was his plan then he wouldn’t have just been able to do that on day one because his enemies would use that as an excuse to perform a coup and keep NK isolated. He would need to do a soft coup from inside the regime to stop chaos happening afterwards (like Iraq after Saddam).

His Uncle that disappeared (got eaten by dogs/blown up with airdefence missiles/different stories) might have been determined to stop NK modernising so Little Rocketman would need to get rid of him to succeed.

Not sure about why he would have his brother killed as he was pro-western too (unless it was LRman’s internal enemies that did it)

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Think China gave them a talking to and now they are cooperating. Trump will take credit, the left will pretend that Trump hasn't done anything, and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

US prisoners wouldnt last a week in NK camp. They'd probably be wondering when TV time was before they got sent off to the mines.

17. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I'll give the man credit if he deserves it. Just trying to figure out what he's done

18. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Hahahaha.. True!

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Go look at the headlines criticizing Trump for his tough talk and actions on NK. That's causing a problem for China. A problem for China becomes a problem for NK.

20. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

21. Zenithal macrumors 604

I'll congratulate Trump if this goes through without a hitch. I plan on sitting back with a bucket of homemade popcorn and watch as North Korean's chase, capture, kill and defile Kim Jong Un's body. :)

22. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

His tough talk? Calling someone nicknames is what got them to stop???

23. Zenithal macrumors 604

Nicknames? I thought those were pet names he had for KimmyKoo TM.

24. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah.... He said he wants to focus on his economy and making a better life for his people.. LOL.. I'll believe it when I see it but hopefully the disarmament portion is a go!

25. Zenithal macrumors 604

They've said that before for food and medicine. I very much doubt this deal is as authentic as they claim it is. Even putting aside my dislike for Donna Doodle, it's typical North Korea 101. Soothe the Americans and Europeans for food while Big Brother China strings them along too, then go back to saber rattling.

The mere fact our intelligence had no idea what North Korea had been up to worries me a lot. What else do we not know? Get my drift?