Northern VA - Apple Stores???

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by pacdamac9, Sep 19, 2013.

1. pacdamac9 macrumors member

Anyone have any info on what time theyre letting people line up outside Fair Oaks, Tysons, Clarendon, etc....

Obviously gotta get there early, just want to know HOW early!

Thanks

2. jtgamer macrumors member

I am wondering about that as well. Depending on what time the line will start, I will be at the Pentagon City Apple store. Otherwise I'll just order it at the Apple online store

3. phositadc macrumors 6502

Can you get into the Pentagon City mall at 8am? apparently that is when Apple retail stores are opening, but the mall usually doesn't open that early, so I'm wondering exactly what will be happening.

4. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Clarendon store

Long story short- A friend paid for a spot holder that expected to be there around 12 and needs to leave no later than 4 am. Looking for a long time MR member that would like the slot- PM me. No cost to you.

Plans might change, but doubtful.

5. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Any idea what time I'd need to get to the Tysons store? What entrance?

6. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

I've waited at Pentagon City for 6 years in a row. They let you stay overnight; I usually have been in line in front of the store around midnight-3am.

This year, I'm considering Clarendon for my 7th.

7. phositadc macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. How long is the line usually? Like dozens of people or hundreds?

No way I'm staying all night but I might get there at 7am if that would still give me a chance at getting one...

8. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

The first year was around 50, then when the 3G came out, it actually was SHORTER...after that, it has progressively gotten bigger every year.

Do you know where the Kate Spade/MAC store is? That's where the line wrapped around to last year. It was it think over 100.

To be honest, I actually overslept for the iPhone 5 launch. I arrived at 6am, saw the Apple line, and stood in line at the Verizon store on the 3rd floor...there were 5-10 waiting there, and we all got phones MUCH faster than the people downstairs. The only reason I'm standing at Apple this year is because I know I want a 64GB, and it sounds like those are going to be tough to get at launch.

9. phositadc macrumors 6502

Ah ok so both Verizon and Apple open early? Good to know.

10. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Don't the carrier stores get way less stock than the Apple store? So you may get through quicker but they may not have what you want.

11. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Exactly. Last year, I was happy with the 16GB. This year, I've realized I need a 64GB so I am going to Apple. Not going to wait in line to find out that Verizon doesn't have any of those in stock.

12. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

FWIW, I called Tysons and they said the mall is opening at 5 AM but they didn't know exactly when they'd be letting them inside. I believe last year they let people in well before then.

13. rhino369 macrumors newbie

Anyone know when the Pentagon City mall will let people inside? The store itself won't open til 10 Am right?

I'm wondering if it's safer to just go to Clarendon.

I'm going to try online first though.

@blhoward, are you the blowhoward from TLS? It's DF.

14. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

I'm surprised they aren't opening until 10 AM. Doesn't Apple make them open for the launch?

I don't think so. What's TLS?

15. RiderXTC macrumors member

Limited Stock

I have it on very good authority that stock of the 5S is extremely limited in VA. Even more limited is the availability of the gold colored 5S. 5C devices are in abundance. I am at the Clarendon store now. Get here early.

16. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Any idea what their definition of limited is? Are we talking the first hundred people or like the iPhone 5 where some stores had a limited supply of 500-1,000 phones.

17. rhino369 macrumors newbie

I just called and they are opening at 8am. Website must just be wrong.

18. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I've done Fair Oaks, Reston, and Montgomery Village. The latter was definitely the least hassle, except for the drive.

19. jchowell macrumors newbie

Any reports on numbers right now

How many people are sitting at the stores as of now?

20. RiderXTC macrumors member

Extremely Limited

Clarendon has less than five gold or any white model for any carrier in any size. Black is in abundance.

21. blhoward2, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

blhoward2 macrumors 6502

AT&T went live with 7-14 business days for shipping of a gray in 32/64. 16 says 14-28 business days.

----------

Ordered online in Apple App for 1-3 business day shipping. Here's hoping...so I won't be joining you all. Good luck.

22. phositadc macrumors 6502

Anybody at Pentagon city? How long is the line?

23. blhoward2 macrumors 6502