NorthPark Malls Start HERE!!!! (Dallas, TX)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dhjapple89, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dhjapple89 macrumors member

Hey guys since no one has said where to start the lines outside the mall and since it has multiple entrances, I am going to say that the line starts in the Nordstrom Parking garage (Lower floor parking garage, first floor of mall). It is on Boedeker between Park Lane & Northwest Hwy. That is the closest entrance to the Apple Store. The mall opens at 5AM.

Both LINES (Reservations & Non-reservations) WILL start here. I have attached a map of northpark.

Map attached.

Attached Files:

2. Lancao macrumors newbie

Hey man come in the mall to the store, they told me line is here until close possibly all night, I've been here since 7:00 and would love some company :)

3. shoes529 macrumors newbie

Lancao, will you keep us update as to whether they will move the line outside? I will be by sometime tonight...

4. Lancao macrumors newbie

Yeah I will, I'm just trying to avoid having two lines and then not knowing who got here when, so I've been checking the entrance every so often making sure no one is there, and I will keep everyone posted on the status of the line, etc

5. jskidmore macrumors newbie

Lancao, any update on whether or not NorthPark security will let us stay overnight inside the mall? How is the line looking?

6. blindman23 macrumors newbie

Leaving for north park in about an hour, just got my pre-order iPhone in the mail, these phones are gorgeous! Gonna be totally worth the wait tonight! Sure would be nice if they let us stay inside all night, anybody know if there will be wifi available?

7. dhjapple89 thread starter macrumors member

**Location Update**

Hey guys, I just called the Apple Store at NorthPark, and the lady that answered gave me some key information.

1. Mall Security will NOT let anyone camp inside the mall overnight. They WILL kick you out.

2. There is only 1 entrance that opens at 5AM, and it is not the one on the map at the beginning of this post. I have attached an updated map.

3. They will open the doors next to Maggiano's Little Italy, and keep order to the Apple store, so the order you get in outside the mall is the order you will get your iPhone 4.

4. The lady I spoke with said she did tell some people to go to the nearest entrance at the Apple store, but that entrance WILL NOT be unlocked until normal business hours.

***IMPORTANT INFO***

I called NorthPark Security to confirm about what doors will be unlocked/locked, and they did confirm that the doors on the NWY sid next to Maggiano's will be the ONLY doors unlocked at 5AM. Furthermore, I asked about their camping rules, and she said that there will be ABSOLUTELY no camping anywhere on NorthPark property including sitting in your car in the parking lot. They have told their security officers to tell people to leave the property if they see anyone loitering in their cars near any entrances not just the Maggiano one.

Maybe sit in the Lincoln One parking lot????

It seems like it will be a mad dash to the Apple Store to create the line up. Thankfully I have a reservation...

Check attached map for updated location.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. Erikarogers macrumors newbie

I as well just spoke with mall security and was told that the doors beside Maggiano's and Chico's would be opening at 5:00 a.m. This is my first wait in line launch day, does anyone have any suggestions or pointers for me? I have reserved my phone and called yesterday to make sure I was on the list and I am. Maybe I should bring some Starbucks for the people waiting in line with me!!

9. lolnick macrumors member

i used to work for apple during the 3GS launch and the doors closest to the apple store at the parking garage was opened at 5am. granted that was last year.

10. Erikarogers macrumors newbie

I also have a reservation, so what does that mean? Will I be in a shorter line? This will be my first time picking up an iPhone on launch date, normally I wait till the excitement dies down to purchase one.

11. shoes529 macrumors newbie

I'm at northpark just spoke with security and they said doers by both entrances open at 5 am. Wouldn't it be closer to wait by the chicos entrance? Also I have not seen anyone waiting in line, maybe because they are not allowed too?

12. blindman23 macrumors newbie

Yea I was at the mall, but they said no one can stay on mall property, so now I'm kinda curious as what everyone is going to do. I have a phone reserved but i live an hour and a half away so i would rather wait it out! Anywhere we can camp???

13. lolnick macrumors member

just arrive at 5 and youll be fine

half the states got their iphones today that would otherwise be waiting in line

if you reserved one for instore pickup youll be in the fast line.

14. UserLain macrumors newbie

Same here, I was just thinking of heading to the closest ihop. Othere then that, I don't really know where else to go lol

15. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You guys have fun. I'll be chilling at home with my iPhone 4 tonight. Way to go fedex!

16. chism87 macrumors newbie

guess i'll see ya'll there at 5 :)

17. lolnick macrumors member

bring a chair

18. chism87 macrumors newbie

19. cholo4mthe1uluv macrumors member

Take this for what it is a "rumor" but people at knox were saying the Northpark store is supposed to have the most "extra"

20. Texan78 macrumors member

If you have a reservation you really have no need to camp. The stores are allocated inventory based on reservations and pre-orders. Those orders will be filled first before walk-ins are released and most likely that will be the 25th for walk-ins assuming they still have inventory. Only reason you would need to be there early is if have someone to be like work. Otherwise you can go whenever if you don't mind standing in line and have a day to kill.

21. lolnick macrumors member

I can tell you northpark has 900 reservations for tomorrow. (today)

22. Texan78 macrumors member

And 3,000 in the store or waiting in a truck on the dock.

23. lolnick macrumors member

Unless you work for fedex or your the inventory manager youre making that up.

24. cholo4mthe1uluv macrumors member

lol yea there is soo much "speculation" I know they do have some extra, how many?? I dont know/ I also know they will serve walk ins on a first come first serve basis until the are out. from what i understand walk ins do not wait until after reserved are handled..

25. lolnick macrumors member

well like i stated before, i can tell you for a fact theres 900 reservations so theres at least 900.