Not a fan of Dan From MacRumors’ videos

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by sidewinder3000, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidewinder3000, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019

sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502a

sidewinder3000

IPadOS 13 hasn’t even gone to public beta and already Dan From MacRumors seems like he’s over it. His drab, dreary, “been there” presentation style was old the day he started, and now is just mind numbing. He’s constantly low-key negging much Apple does. It’s like he’s trolling Apple users.

This new fork of iOS is being hailed by users and reviewers everywhere as a huge step forward for touch computing, and Dan acts like it’s a minor release quashing some bugs. E.g. Dan: “(Exhausted) Alright, well, it’s really just iOS 13 with some exclusive features for the iPad.” He goes on to say how none of this is stuff that other companies haven’t already done. Please Dan, where is the side-by-side comparison of the new iPadOS 13 and Android Pie on a Samsung tablet? Would love to see exactly how Android’s implementation compares with the new iPad multi-tasking and gestures. But instead, we just get Dan’s ever-present virtual eye rolls.

I really love MacRumors, and read it every day, but these videos are insufferable. Please have a serious come to Jesus meeting with Dan, or find someone new. The site deserves better, and so do its readers.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/12/hands-on-with-ipados/

2. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

really? You do know it's literally the easiest thing in the world to avoid videos you don't like.

the fact you need to start another thread about this is ridiculous...

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I don't typically watch videos from reviewers, but made an exception in this case because of the thread

My take? I actually liked it.
    I found the "drab and dreary" presentation style a welcome change from all the over the top yelling and drama of other reviewers

To each his/her/its own

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.