Not a single iPhone 6 Plus available all week?

romanhdz

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I keep checking the Apple online store several times per day (several times per hour, even), and I've yet to see a single store offer any iPhone 6 Plus configuration available for in-store pick-up. Every time I call an Apple Store (in Austin, TX) I'm either told that no stock is available or that they aren't allowed to share information about availability with customers.

Am I missing something here? Have no Apple Stores in Texas received a single 6 Plus, or are they all selling out in minutes?

Thanks!

cherishzm

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
They come and go very fast. You have to check more frequently and you may get lucky and get one. I did this afternoon and bought two.

romanhdz

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Do you think I might have some luck by arriving to the Apple Store prior to opening?

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 65832
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Kinda shocked considering the 6+ is a flop, 90% of people don't want a bigger phone, the 6 is the true flagship, 6+ is stupid, everybody is returning the phone, the 6+ is selling poorly, ect, ect, ect, ect

#

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I keep checking the Apple online store several times per day (several times per hour, even), and I've yet to see a single store offer any iPhone 6 Plus configuration available for in-store pick-up. Every time I call an Apple Store (in Austin, TX) I'm either told that no stock is available or that they aren't allowed to share information about availability with customers.

Am I missing something here? Have no Apple Stores in Texas received a single 6 Plus, or are they all selling out in minutes?

Thanks!
You need to be checking in the very early hours of the morning. Like 1am-5am

knux11

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
apple store told me they update in store pickup inventory online between 1-3am nightly.

romanhdz

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I've been checking tonight, but nothing so far... Hopefully something comes up soon!

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Do you think I might have some luck by arriving to the Apple Store prior to opening?
Not unless UPS came very late the night before, or before the store opens. Even when the UPS guy comes in, it takes them a little while to check in the phones for sale, and you have no idea when he is showing up.

A little luck maybe, but the stores don't seem to know what stock to expect so you may just be wasting hours of your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.