Not all email gets downloaded via POP3 from "email provider" via Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vc08, Mar 15, 2010.

1. vc08 macrumors newbie

I have a pop3 email account and connecting to it with Mail using pop3.
    The app connects to the server OK, and I can send email OK. I can receive emails OK but only new emails that come in. Old emails that have come onto the server over the weekend just site there and are ignored by Mail. An outlook pc account connects and download messages no problem.

Has anybody had this, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What email provider do you use?

Does it offer IMAP?

Also a more descriptive thread title might help.

Example: Not all email gets downloaded via POP3 from "email provider" via Mail.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. vc08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the more descriptive title may help.

The email provider is a local web hosting company. The server is IMAP enabled, but I simply wanted to download using pop3. At which point, I wanted mail to remove the message from the server to save space.

It's strange how it connects fine with no errors and is delivering mail no problem today yet ignoring everything on the server.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Here's the deal. IMAP and POP3 are not interchangeable protocols. You need to make sure that you are using the correct settings for the protocol that you are using.