Not being able to browse iPhoto library in finder in iLife 08

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macnvrbck, Oct 9, 2008.

1. macnvrbck macrumors regular

I know I'm a little late to the game here....

I just upgraded my Powerbook to Leopard a few weeks back and now just upgraded to iLife 08..... both of which I'm second guessing.

How do you see the orginal iPhoto folders that the previous iLife organized? I did a show package contents but there are no pics in the folders!

Thanks for the help.

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Showing package contents is what this link suggested. It didn't work for you?

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Stay out of the iPhoto library in finder!!! Apple made that file a package so that users would stop mucking about in there and corrupting iPhoto! Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app. iPhoto organizes its files so that the app can work for you and if you change anything in there, it can't do its job. Forget that that file is there and stay in the app itself!

4. macnvrbck thread starter macrumors regular

I've never corrupted my iPhoto before.... I knew that already. I don't make any changes to it ever. I CAN BE TRUSTED. Opening the app for simple attachedments or uploads make NO sense when I know the date the picture was taken.

I don't need the app to work for me, I need my computer to work for me.

5. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

What about just looking at the pictures within finder by using the media browser. Under your usual files and folders and such, in the left sidebar, just click "Photos" or "Pictures" (I forgot what it's called, I'm not on my Mac). You can click on iPhoto to see all your pictures in iPhoto and upload things via those means.

I hated how Leopard handled it at first too, but it's grown on me. I love Leopard and now have no regrets about updating.

6. macnvrbck thread starter macrumors regular

Example... I want to upload photo's to myspace... how? It opens a finder window where I can't select my pictures!:mad:

7. macnvrbck thread starter macrumors regular

wait.. that might just work!

8. junior77 macrumors regular

I can't speak for MySpace....as I use FaceBook.

But, I've just recently discovered an application mod from FaceBook, that allows you to export directly from iPhoto to FaceBook. Extremely nice interface, allows you to tag photos directly within iPhoto export menu.

This doesn't necessarily answer your question, but maybe someone has created a version for myspace or other photo services.

9. geolaw macrumors newbie

Works for me. Using the "simple uploader" in facebook, click Browse. You will get a finder window, with a "Media" section at the bottom on the left, scroll down and select "Photos" and it loads up the iPhoto directories where you can browse just like you browse in iPhoto.

It will take some getting used to, but seems to work.

If you use the java based upload, you can browse directly into the iPhoto directory, go to Originals, etc....