NOT Happy Anniversary, Fukushima! 3/11/11, a day that will live in infamy...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Crunch, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch macrumors 6502a

Crunch

Folks, right now, wherever you are in the world, 7 years ago, Fukushima happened. It was late March 10th in the Western United States where it would wreak havoc the most as we’re entering the EIGHTH year of this unrelenting planet killer.

For those of you still asking “Huh? What’s Fukushima?”, you’re D.O.A. If you’re still eating seafood out of the Pacific (and now increasingly the Atlantic, by the way!) or if you’re still eating dairy in North America, I’m here to tell you that your own ignorance will kill you deader than a hammer and that you likely have tumors growing inside you right now, as you are reading this. If your denial is strong enough where you still don’t care about the indisputable fact that the North Pacific Ocean is DEAD, then you must wake up. The tide pools are dead, the commercial fisheries up and down the west coast are in acute collapse and many of them have now closed. And the few fish that are still caught are emaciated and starving to death because the food chain has been permanently broken.

Speaking of, guess who’s at the top of the food chain — YOU are! Radiation is bio-accumulative, so next time you hit the seafood buffet, remember you’re not just internalizing radioactive cesium and plutonium, just to name some of the better known isotopes, no, you’re ingesting everything that fish ate and everything the fish that was eaten by the fish you got on your plate consumed, etc., etc.

So for those of you I’ve spoon-fed the Truth who still are defiantly denying the immediate danger we all face, don’t expect me to feel sorry for you when that dreaded call comes from the oncologist. Don’t expect me to shed a tear when you’re given 2 months to live because you’ve been busy grabbing a special at the still-packed seafood restaurants in L.A. And for those of you who have bought into the religious nonsense of “Ohh, it’s in God’s hands…whatever happens is His will”. Wroooong!

God helps those who help themselves and whether you read the Bible or not, Jesus did say that “my people perish for lack of knowledge”.

2. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I grew up on a farm swimming in pesticides and herbicides. So I’m living it up!

EC73F866-B9FB-426E-BF09-5AA7BC7DDDB0.jpeg

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I'm a year in of not eating dairy products. IMO, everyone should quit dairy products.

I still love my fish and seafood though.

4. darksithpro, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

:rolleyes:o_O:oops:

http://oceana.org/blog/worried-abou...d-turns-out-bananas-are-more-radioactive-fish

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Honestly, I call BS on the ones that over hype it, and the ones try to debunk it.

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

On seafood being healthy: Mercury and other heavy metals actually are quite concentrated in them.

On radiation concentration: in 2017 there are still wild boars shot in Bavaria who exceed safety limits for eating more than 30years after Chernobyl.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

And there are still places in the UK where sheep cannot be grazed. It makes me wonder why we as a species continue to run and build nuclear power plants TBH.

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The North Pacific is dead? I'm ignorant of what is currently going on with commercial fishing. If it's not happening, and we as a species had any sense, countries would be limiting fishing in the ocean if the harvest is dropping off drastically. Domestically it's more controllable if we want to control it. Decades ago, when the oyster harvest plummeted in the Chesapeake Bay, a moratorium on oyster harvesting existed for many years (if I am remembering that correctly). I get the feeling out in the oceans, it can be a free for all. :oops:

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Actually, The Bible doesn't say that directly or indirectly.

The overall themes in God's Word is really: God helps those who help others....

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Buuuut what about all those nuclear tests conducted in the ocean?

Turns out that water is a VERY effective shield from radiation.

Fear hype is very much overblown

11. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crunch

It's an absolute hardcore CRIME for there media to put out the lie about ionizing radiation being equal to eating a banana or being the same thing as sitting in the sun or taking a flight across the country. It's so beyond outrageous.

If any of you knew how deadly ingesting radioactive particles is, or if you could see or smell radiation, you would never ever ever touch another piece of salmon or even think about eating shrimp again.

And I'm someone who LOVED seafood! I ate it all the time. I loved dairy too.

Just take a look at this one video:

That's all I ask. I'm not here to proselytize you, but to tell the Truth. If it helps just ONE single person, this will have been a success.

I realize that the propaganda put out by the criminal nuclear industry is convincing. After all, it's professionally created and packaged, and it has been pushed by the media over and over and over again for 70 years. I get it: You repeat a lie often enough, people believe it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---
    No, I'm afraid it's not. I wish you were right, but all the tide pools are dead...they're GONE! Ain't nothing left in them.

Sealife continues to wash up dead and when they cut it open, scientists find tumors...cancer, cancer, and more cancer. The hospitals are full of KIDS with cancer now. We\'re being told it's NORMAL for children to have cancer. They even have ads during the evening newscasts for kids with cancer.
    I agree wholeheartedly: Service to OTHERS should trump service to self! My point was merely to state that they want you to lie down and die instead of fighting for your life and family and others, like you said. Thanks for clarifying that, though!
    Exactly right. Always love finding someone who's awake to the unfortunate realities of life.

Fukushima is millions and millions of times worse than Chernobyl, because it's, at a minimum, a triple-meltdown with tons of spent nuclear fuel rods that have accumulated for DECADES in one of the reactors. Also, Chernobyl was entombed fairly quickly, but Fukushima keeps spewing radiation into the Pacific at the rate of 300+ TONS of water every day, 7 days a week, 24/365. And now we're into the EIGHTH year of this and we're seeing the results.

The fisheries up and down the west coast have seen a complete COLLAPSE and many of them are shut down. The few fish that are still caught are underweight! They are emaciated and sickly looking to the point where they have to add DYE to make them appear pink. It's outrageous!

12. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

This is a conspiracy theory that holds no scientific basis. If you make scientific claims, please back those claims with a peer-reviewed study. Lacking that, please cite internationally credible sources. A YouTube video published by a conspiracy theorist is not a credible study.

The water from Fukushima has been purified to remove all radioactive elements other than tritium. Tritium decays very quickly, and poses little to no risk to anything living if diluted in water.

The Washington state Department of Health, California Department of Public Health, Inform Canada, Alaska's Department of Health and Social Services, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, and Oregon's Health Authority all test the Pacific Coast for radiation. There have been trace amounts far offshore since the 2011 Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant accident. There has been none detected on the shores.

In short, every scientific body studying this says that it hasn't caused problems to date.

13. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Sounds like all you are going to get a healthy dosing of "its all government/nuclear/media propaganda and the truth can only be found in MY alternative news source".

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Hospitals have always been full of kids with cancer. In fact, I formerly worked at a children’s hospital that has ~75 year old cancer treatment department. I had leukemia as a child roughly 25 years ago. I work in healthcare and nowhere have I seen, read, or heard it is “normal” for kids to have cancer.

Exposure to radioactive materials is probably the least likely cause of the increasing rates of pediatric cancers. As you may know, there are many other causes of cancer beyond radiation. It’s also worth noting that incidences of adult cancers as a whole have decreased. If it’s any reassurance cancer survival rates are at an all time high.

Fukeshemia was a disaster to say the least and should have never happened. The system was poorly designed and warnings about generator locations were raised and ignored. It’s consequences are something we are stuck with. I’m not sure what we can do to change the past.

I’d recommend you do some research into how these radiation levels are affecting the environment and toxicity levels in humans. I’d suggest not using conspiracy theorist sources written by people who are obsessed about radiation poisoning and hiding in their lead liner bomb shelter. I think if you look into reliable sources you’ll see a different story. Keep in mind the ocean is a very, very, very large place and while Fukeshima has undoubtably a major disaster, I think you are overestimating/overstating the global effects.

15. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

You have to provide sources for all of this, rather than expecting us to just accept it.

16. Crunch, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crunch

There's that term again, conspiracy theorist. Never mind that the CIA came up with this term in the 1960s to discredit people who dare speak out and have any opinion rather than whatever official narrative is put out in the media, all of which is owned by just a handful of criminal families.

You are correct about Tritium being a far lesser one of these evil substances, but listen, the water is not filtered. Yes, some of it is captured and contained in leaking canisters, but 300 tons of water every day still makes it through, and that's another lowball number, as many of the containers are leaking. And TEPCO, the utility that owns the destroyed plant, freely admits a lot of what I'm saying. That very much includes the FACT that they have admitted to releasing enormous amounts of radiation into the atmosphere as well throughout the years since 2011, not just into the water.

And yes, you are absolutely right: Every scientific body has kept these unfortunate truths from us all. Everything's fine, folks. Nothing to see here. I guess it doesn't matter that Obama and U.S. govt. has increased steadily, by tens of thousands of percentage points, the amount of radiation that THEY consider not to be a big health impact for humans. This will end up as the greatest criminal cover-up in world history. Did you know that Obama, a few days after the destruction (not "damaged", or "defunct", as the media would tell you, but melted down, destroyed, China Syndrome-GONE and multiple that by at LEAST 3!) now infamously told us that "there is no problem" and everything's great, only to board Air Force One with the CEO of GE (the makers of the Fukushima reactors!) and hightailed it out of there to the Southern Hemisphere, Brazil to be precise, where his family had already been taken to?

No, you're not. I'm nothing special, everyone can find this information. In fact, I would urge you to research it. If you investigate just the channel of the creator of the above mentioned video, you will find all the evidence you need to come to the same conclusion. By the way, why did the government turn off all the radiation detectors right after Fukushima? Was that before or after they increased the "safe levels of ionizing radiation" by hundreds of times?

Look, I'm not here to fight with anyone. I just want to share something that affects us all and will kill scores of us, if we're not taking some simple precautions. There are even ways to remove radiation from the body after the fact, but naturally it's better to prevent them from entering in the first place.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2018 ---
    I agree with your assertion that you shouldn't simply blindly believe me, and depending on the level of interest on this forum, I may do some work in order to "spoon-feed" (for lack of a better word) evidence if there is genuine interest.

Of course, I'd urge you to do your own research. Yes, I understand that there is a tremendous amount of disinformation out there, starting with those "scientific bodies" but also including and not ending with NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox, the print media, so-called "entertainment", which is really propaganda, etc., etc.

As I've said before and as I'm sure many already know, a tiny fraction of people have total control over our media, so the narrative will be largely the same.

Again, I just want to share this with you. I'm not trying to argue or piss anybody off. While I have met some incredible people on my trek over the years, I'm still not special to where I have some kind of exclusive information. I'm just a guy who loves Macs and who wants to do some good and spread the truth about the single most destructive material ever conceived by man, in his infinite wisdom to destroy himself and the planet, and which is coming our way every single day.

I know this is an uncomfortable and disturbing subject. But ignorance in this case will only kill us and frankly, I ain't ready to die just yet. And once you're over the anger and disappointment over the fact that we've all been had in so many ways with our governments, universities and scientists, it is empowering to know the truth.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

That's exactly why you're here.

18. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

These are lies.

This is not how radiation works. This is both a misunderstanding and a lie.

This is a lie.

This is a lie. You are making things up.

The term conspiracy theorist existed long before the 1960s. Google Books has a nice tool that lets you search contents. I'll let you do this for yourself, but it's a quick and easy way to see that the term has been published in books from ~1910–present.

The water is filtered, and it is regularly tested, and those tests are freely available online. Water is not dumped into the ocean. Instead, it is currently being held in large tanks next to the plant. The plant would like to begin dumping this year, but as of yet they have not. Again, they want to dump filtered water. Filtered. Water.

If you are arguing against every scientific body, then you fit the definition of a conspiracy theorist.

How is anyone supposed to take this seriously?

They did not turn off "all the radiation detectors" right after Fukushima. This information is publicly available. Of course, you have to view this information at the scientific bodies that you believe are part of a conspiracy.

No there isn't. Now you're discussing homeopathic medicine.

Universities and scientists have no motivation to fool the public.

Look, you're welcome to your beliefs, but please realize that they are not based on facts or scientific evidence. They are essentially religious beliefs.

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Fukushima? Dangerous?

You are ignorant of a something far more dangerous than Fukushima.

Even Chernobyl.

Enewetak

(I am not getting into the details or nuances, just putting this out there)

20. Crunch, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018

Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crunch

I'm sorry you feel that way.

It's funny, it was the anniversary of the thing that did it. I thought twice about posting this and very reluctantly decided to throw something up about it. Which actually bothers me, because as strongly as I feel about this, I wasn't determined enough. Oh well, at least I made an effort.

Hey, call up some Oregon, Wash. state, and Calif. fisheries up and see what they say. They're remarkably consistent.

Chris, for God's sake, re-LAX! I just wanted to put my feelers out as to the extent of interest and understand about how the nuclear industry works on a forum the deals mainly with computer enthusiasts.

"Universities and scientists have no motivation to fool the public."

Haha really? I guess someone who only watches CNN and CBS or Fox all day (not a put down, just saying) and reads the NYT, Wash. Post or the L.A. Times with a side portion of propaganda and complete fabrications such as appear in the New Yorker Magazine, or even feminist magazines, has not been exposed to these facts. I totally get it. Anyway, and this is literally perpetrated on us by the same forces that did equally take down Germany starting with its destruction of culture in the late 1800s and into early 1900s.

Have I pissed everyone off now? I hope not, but it's all truth. And nothing but it. I actually tend to lowball a lot of the numbers. Perhaps it's because even an awake person such as myself doesn't want to thoroughly and completely embrace it as the truth, despite knowing full well that it is...and yes, it hurts.

On balance, however, it is my opinion that it is better to know the truth than to not know the truth. At least, you'll be able to react, and ideally even do some research yourself, to what's the doorstep.

I am completely open to the idea, however, maybe I'm wrong about the alleged value of knowing the truth. Ignorance is bliss, after all, so maybe it's better to live in the artificial construct that is your current existence for just a little longer, and then it suddenly stops, poof, so will you.

I think you wrote something about water too, but I sincerely hope that you don't think you really mean it if you think the local water authority is trying to keep you from getting sick by filtering the water??? Please. They even add poisons to it. If you can't get around even that fact, then I won't be able to convince you of anything else, so I give up here. I hope you can open your mind in the future then. I'm NOT NOT NOT trying to be a know-it-all. (wait for that one guy to say "Are too!" haha) Anyway, I'm just sharing. Maybe I'm going around about it the wrong way. If so, I apologize. But if you do end up looking into this, seriously look into it, not just trying to find some article that backs up your current thinking regarding it - or anything else for that matter. The truth IS out there, and you can find it.

I wish you the Best!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2018 ---
    No, I appreciate you for caring enough to put that out there.

I took a quick glance at it and one guy was talking about the multitude of nuclear bombs that were set off during the above-ground testing years. I hope I got that right (I'll watch the rest when I have more time), and if I did, then yes, the constant setting off "test" bombs at the Nevada test site, for example, it created and entire country of what are known as "down winders".

What I don't agree with that this is worse than Fukushima, because again, we're talking about at LEAST 3 full-on meltdowns of reactors that also had DECADES worth of spent nuclear fuel rods as well as several off-line reactors in a "fuel pool" on top of the roof! And then it ALSO used Reactor 3 for something that's called MOX fuel, which stands for Mixed Oxide Fuel". This is re-using plutonium from bombs and re-utilizing it to make energy. So this is so much worse than those 3 melted cores, ALL of which have zero solution to them, and the media is absolutely criminal in being silent about it.

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Honestly guys, the pushback on the notion that we shouldn’t be dumping radioactive water into the sea is absurd.

We may not be seeing effects today, but do any of you honestly believe this isn’t a problem?

22. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Yeah, according to the rules, you have to source these amazing claims. I hope to open my mind

23. PracticalMac, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Fukushima is nearly fully contained and constant efforts to insure full containment in future.

Chernobyl is also now under massive dome and plans to fully deal with waste.

Enewetak has NO containment, NO maintenance, NO monitoring, NO environmental study.
    And naturally as the sea levels rise and storms get worse that island will be obliterated and the PLUTONIUM (IIRC a plutonium bomb was detonated) residue will be released into wild.

The entire idiotic situation is the BWR, based of the USNavy design. Despite other far, far safer designs, the BWR was picked because it was 80% based off of existing electrical power plants, simply replacing a chemical heat source with nuclear.

Of course, thanks to mans stupidity, probably the Fusion reactor will blow up on us.
    99.999% sure it will not, but Humans have made some great f ups in past.

24. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

We should all be concerned about radiation leaks from nuclear weapons tests/reactor meltdowns.... however the idea of conspiracy to keep the public in the dark is pretty ludicrous. It's pretty difficult to 'hide' radiation results and to suppress information on such across the entire pacific would take such a tightly coordinated effort I'm sure they'd also be quashing youtube videos "exposing the truth". The more unfortunate truth is that while the great vastness of the pacific is helping disperse the radiation that was leaked and the impact to the Americas is limited; Japan is still going to hurt because of this, and still have a lot to do to contain the problem, the toughest being leaking radio active ground water. :oops:

25. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crunch

"Fukushima is nearly fully contained and constant efforts to insure full containment in future."

This is simply and completely false. TEPCO, the Japanese govt., all ADMIT themselves that they are "relying on yet to be developed technologies to deal with the problem.". There is absolutely ZERO containment. NONE!

Chernobyl, comparatively, is but a teensy tiny fraction of the problem that Fukushima represents.

And I don't disagree with you on Enewetak. It remains a killer and will for many many years to come. So will the Nevada test site. So will Chernobyl, even with the dome.

Fukushima, on the other hand, is on the order of magnitudes worse, because it is completely out of control. The so-called ice wall failed. The robots that were supposed to withstand the excessive radiation failed...within hours! The only people they let onto the reactor site are poor, homeless people, because they already know that whomever goes there will be dead and quickly!

I fully agree with you on BWRs. It's outrageous and we, as the public, have some culpability in allowing these monsters to build these deadly reactors. And I like your passion re. Enewetak and the release of one of the deadliest substances known to man - plutonium. Well, created by man. By very mad men, so-called scientists who this whole nuclear nonsense is just a game to. I submit that you would be similarly outraged if you knew the facts regarding the single most potent killer on this earth: Fukushima.

Remember how they sold them to us? Ohh, nuclear energy produces no CO2 and it'll be too cheap to meter. Have your power bills gone down at all, folks? NO! Did Japan suffer rolling blackouts after Fukushima, when they turned off ALL their reactors nationwide? NO!

It's all a big lie.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2018 ---
    Unfortunately for us, the jet stream goes from west to east. There are many models how the radiation spreads, both in the air and by sea. It didn't take more than a few days before a part of a bridge arrived on the shores of Oregon after the tsunami hit. The argument of dilution is another myth propagated by these criminals.

I don't doubt your sincerity and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There absolutely is a conspiracy to cover this up. Again, the media are controlled, tightly controlled, by a handful of globalist families. And still, they keep consolidating into fewer and fewer corporations.

And you're right about YouTube videos being censored. Especially in the last three weeks, I have seen more channels get censored, videos removed under false pretenses of copyright claims, videos removed for so-called "hate speech", and some channels were simply terminated without the usual 1-2-3 strikes and you're out game, or even an explanation.

For anyone who has never been exposed to these facts, I realize that it is hard to believe. I was a skeptic too. They won't be able to keep a lid on this for much longer when medical centers become overwhelmed by the sick and dying.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2018 ---
    Yes, sir. I will seek permission to post an approx. 40 min. audio clip from a recent interview with one of the most knowledgable people on this subject, and post it here.

For anyone to become truly awake and no longer be a slave to the false paradigm that we all live in, you must divorce yourself from many of the usual "rules".

The bottom line to all of this is the fact that we're ruled over and by a bunch of psychopaths and sociopaths who claim to be our "representatives" in government. They're SCUM. I'm not trying to get into another subject, but these people are often pedophiles and satanists as well. They lie for a living and enjoy hurting people. We mean nothing to them. We are to be used to do their bidding for them, wherever possible. I, for one, will only seek to expose this evil trash and hopefully help some people defend against the constant onslaught of poison along the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.