Not happy with ACA decision, righties threaten move to Canada

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jun 28, 2012.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Now, Zombie Acorn can argue about illegal, undocumented immigrants making their way across the border. ;)

On a more serious and on-topic note, do these people not know that UHC or something similar already exists in Canada? That they would be getting the same thing either way, unless they threaten to move to, I don't know... MEXICO?

BL.

3. Queso macrumors G4

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think Mexico has UHC too.

5. kavika411, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for the buzzfeed link.

I tapped on the first person, "Casey W," and got this message:

[​IMG]

And then I tapped on the second person, "Lucas Dargis," and found this message:

[​IMG]

And then I noticed they all happen to fit the same age demographic.

And then I decided I prefer collegehumor.com.

But then collegehumor was buggy, so I went back to the buzzfeed link, and tapped on the third person, "Walter Weldon," and found this message:

[​IMG]

And then I figured I was on a roll, so I tapped the fourth person, "Van Summers," and found this message:

[​IMG]

And then I noticed this thread got all quiet. No more chatter about how "god damn dumb" Teh Righteez are.

But then I read Post No. 11:

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Then I think they're screwed.

Next closest place is the 90 mile swim to Cuba, but they are communist, so healthcare is, for all intents, 'universal'.

That leaves Belize, Guatemala, or the swim to Greenland or 'seeing Russia from their back door', and taking their Bridge to Nowhere to it.

BL.

8. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

They can take their picl from any of these fine countries in gray:

[​IMG]

My personal recommendation is Somalia. A nice libertarian paradise where there is no pesky government to get in their way.

9. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Its sad the political rhetoric has actually gotten bad enough that there are people to whom it is not painfully obvious that these people are joking. They're mocking the cliche liberal reaction to any conservative law being passed, GWB being reelected, etc. Sadly none of those people ACTUALLY left. :rolleyes:

10. Queso macrumors G4

Good job for the USA that they didn't. The Righties would be left living in a swamp playing banjos, wondering where the economy went.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

1. Canada doesn't want them.

2. Canada has universal health care... isn't that exactly what they are against?

morons.

12. imahawki macrumors 6502a

they're spoof posts ffs!

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Bring money. None of this Cayman Islands ****, please.

14. eric/ Guest

eric/

Or perhaps they can move to North Korea, a great example of a government.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Quite correct. Well done. ;)

Why can't these 'people' not respect the institutions that are in place for all?

POTUS and SCOTUS command respect, not rancor.

Although before today's decision, I was less enamored with SCOTUS than I am at this moment.

:D

16. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I know you're all disappointed, and it's very believable that a Tea-Partier really is dumb enough to say something like that. So here's some real ones...
    --------------------------

Tea Party quotes :D

[China has a] ''carefully thought out and strategic plan to take over America ... There's much I want to say.We have to look at our history and realize that if they pretend to be our friend it's because they've got something up their sleeve.''
    —Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, in a debate during Delaware's 2006 Senate primary, which she lost

''I don't know if you've ever been to one, but they wear these little Speedos and they grind against each other, and it's just a terrible thing.''
    —Carl Paladino, New York State Tea Party-backed candidate for Governor, on gay pride parades, Today Show interview, Oct. 11, 2010

''I didn't really had a good answer, as so often — is me.''

—Sarah Palin, on writing notes on her hand during her Tea Party convention speech, March 5, 2010

''We took the Bible and prayer out of public schools, and now we're having weekly shootings practically. We had the '60s sexual revolution, and now people are dying of AIDS.''
    —Delaware GOP Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell, during a 1998 appearance on Bill Maher's 'Politically Incorrect'

''People ask me, 'What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?' Well, that's not my job as a U.S. senator.''
    —Nevada GOP Senate nominee and Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, May 14, 2010

''I've always been fascinated by the fact that here was a relatively small country that from a strictly military point of view accomplished incredible things.''
    —Ohio GOP House candidate and Tea Party favorite Rich Iott, explaining why for years he donned a German Waffen SS uniform and participated in Nazi re-enactments

''You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?''
    —Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, questioning whether the Constitution calls for separation of church and state during a debate before an audience of legal scholars and law students at Widener University Law School, Oct. 18, 2010

''God may choose to heal someone from cancer, yet that person still has a great deal of medical bills. The outstanding bills do not determine whether or not the patient has been healed by God.''
    —Delaware GOP Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell, in a 1998 op ed

Teabonics :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. eric/ Guest

eric/

Well, it was more so to point out the fallacious nature of telling libertarians to move to Somalia. But yes it works in this manner as well.

back on topic
    I don't disagree per say with the ruling, but I wish that instead of just flirting around with socialized health care the government would just do it. Quit trying to hide it behind taxes and fees, and merging public and private sector. It's only going to make things worse. Just make it public and be done with it, or get out of it completely.

18. kavika411, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Oh. So you want to draw attention away from the "god damn dumb" people and the "morons."

Adorable.

The irony - or is it coincidence? (don't know as I am a god damn dumb moron) - is that your "refudiate Obama" pic is as much of a joke as the link upon which this thread is based. But please, by all means, keep personifying the target audience of the buzzfeed link.

19. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Oh don't worry - we know the refudiate Obama is a joke. Only Sarah Palin is actually that dumb.

She's a teabagger though right?

20. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

teabagger is such a rude thing to call someone who wants to downsize the federal government.

I'd take Palin over Obama any day. I'd take Palin over McCain, she's not as bad as the media made her out to be.

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Oh please - she did that all on her own.

22. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

It was just downhill for Palin after Russia.

Rarely US stupids get to make it to our side of the pond. But Bush and Palin were both of the requisite magnitude :D

23. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

It's time for another pale,a fence between the US and Canada and one between the US and Mexico,we can't let these barbarians into two civilised countries.

24. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Not really sure what was so bad about the Russia comment. You can see Russia from some parts of Alaska. For some reason people find that funny and/or stupid.

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Perhaps you could rattle off a few or Palin's specific policies that you were so enamoured by?