Not happy with iPhone? Here's a way to get out of your contract w/ no ETF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justanothernerd, Aug 29, 2008.

1. justanothernerd macrumors member

So I was reading the Terms & Conditions from AT&T's website, and I came across this little gem:

Under data plans: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/plan-terms.jsp

If I'm reading this correctly (which I think I am), it's basically saying that if you go over 5gb, AT&T will call you and be upset with you as you're using too many tubes, but they'll allow you to cancel your contract before charging you any overages. I'm guess it's a loophole they have to keep in place as they are advertising "unlimited" data, which is really 5gb..

So, someone who's desperate enough to get off the iPhone bandwagon, use around 167 mb of data per day for 30 days straight and let us know if you can get out ETF free.

2. The General macrumors 601

Yeah, you'll have the right to terminate your service with the termination fee.

3. justanothernerd thread starter macrumors member

But then what's the point of explicitly saying that I have the right to cancel? I mean, whenever I want to I can cancel the contract with an ETF...

4. Knolly macrumors 6502a

ajrandall's right. If AT&T determines you are using too much data they can call you and will cancel your data, charge you more, etc etc or what have you but you have the option to cancel and not pay an early termination fee.

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

its practically impossible to use that much data unless you are tethering. Ive heard the easier way to do it is to tell them you are moving out of the country. thats what I might do.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

or move to an area without AT&T coverage...

7. radiotowers macrumors member

Well that'd be easy... that's most of the United States.

I jest... sort of. :p

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Things to do for today...

1. Pay bills.
    2. Surf as much as possible to accumulate 5gb of monthly traffic.