not impressed with at&t

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Just testing in a bad spot or time? Ive got horrible results at some places and amazing at others.

Comment

jayiw

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
AT&T Data speeds have always been horrible around here (Northeast Phila 19154). With HSPA+ "4g" I was lucky to get 1meg down or up. Typically half that, and this is with full bars. I was considering leaving AT&T because of it but when I realized having to go to a Verizon shared plan would cost me more than double my grandfathered AT&T plan I put that idea aside. Funny thing is I live right at the very end of Philadelphia where it meets Bucks County (Bensalem). If I make a very short 5 min drive out of the city I get great speeds. It's no different with LTE. I see around 15 to 20 meg up or down right here, 5 min drive out of Philly and it's like 40-50 meg. Crazy.

Jay

Comment

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
AT&T Data speeds have always been horrible around here (Northeast Phila 19154). With HSPA+ "4g" I was lucky to get 1meg down or up. Typically half that, and this is with full bars. I was considering leaving AT&T because of it but when I realized having to go to a Verizon shared plan would cost me more than double my grandfathered AT&T plan I put that idea aside.
Jay
grass is not greener on the other side. consider yourself lucky that you are still with AT&T.

I hate AT&T for the last 2 years and finally got verizon since last week. verizon signal is definitely much better and more stable than AT&T here in charlotte, NC.

but now I just cancelled Verizon acct and paid activation/fee. I'm now back to AT&T. lower cost and unlimited Data is keeping me at AT&T.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.