Not sure how to feel. My experience with my MBP so far.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillEH, Feb 10, 2012.

1. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Bought the i7 2.2Ghz, 8GB, 750 HD, 15" - Less than a year ago.

First time I bought it, I had to have it replaced 3 days later, see this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1115492&highlight=

Well, Last week I had to have a new battery put in, due to it draining within 60 minutes. Which was fixed.

Now I have to have a whole new bottom case, which I have to take my MBP in for a few days so they can repair it. A screw keeps coming loose on the bottom, the Apple guy said the whole bottom section needs to be replaced for that 1 screw. I didn't want the fuss, but considering the laptop cost me £2000, and one day I may want to sell it, it had to be done.

Now I've just realised when watching movies (dark parts) I have a big red shadow in the middle (the size of a credit card) - It's hard to describe, but it really takes away the fun from HD videos, or watching movies that are set in night, etc.

Ahhh give me strength.

I must say all the issues have been fixed by Apple, which has been fantastic. So I have no moans about Apple, just lot's of issues with the laptop :(

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That's a lot of issues and repairs.

REPLACEMENT!

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Considering all the repairs you've had, I think it's fair for you to ask to speak to a manager and ask for a replacement.

4. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH

5. swartzfeger macrumors member

I can tolerate a lot of stuff. For a $2000+ laptop, no way. That would drive me batty.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Fussy? Absolutely not - I would go to the Apple Store - hopefully close by and not leave until they offer a replacement. Make sure you have a lot of time. If the highest person at the store will not replace it. Call AppleCare while in the store and keep perusing a replacement don't hang up the call until they replace it. Be very kind and VERY persistent.

7. iWhizz, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

iWhizz macrumors newbie

gotta share my experience of buying a 17" inch MBP for the first time.
    it happened in hong kong, i actually had to stay there for 3 days, and it occured i needed a mb to keep me connected to the office. so i went to the premium reseller, and bought one. in 10 minutes i was in a hotel room, with a mint MBP in my hands. to my surprise, fresh outta box mbp, wouldn't turn on. the indicators showed the battery was low, while the charger indicator was still green. so i had to take another MTR trip to the shop and asked for the replacement, thanks to those guys, it was changed for a new one in no time (the one i'm typing this post with right now).
    i still wonder was this just a bad luck,,, cause 2 months earlier, prior to this, i had to sell my 5-month old 21'5" imac due to strange grey spots on the screen. i have to tell that was a second imac of mine, the first was replaced due to the same reason.
    thank god, or whoever is in charge, my 17"mbp works like champ.
    i think, WillEH, you are one of those few who had bad luck (just like myself0 while buying apple's products. i hope they will replace this one for you, so you will actually start enjoying it.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

The laptop isn't even a year old yet. This is highly unacceptable.

9. TSE macrumors 68030

Either get a replacement now, or keep on getting it repaired until the new ones come out so if you get it replaced, it's a substantial upgrade.

10. srshaw macrumors 6502

My first MBP was faulty. When it got hot there was green lines along the screen.

Fortunately it was replaced and the new one seems ok. I wasn't going to bother with applecare, but that experience has shown me that apple products aren't always good as I thought they would be so will buy applecare before the warranty is up.

11. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH

It would be $3200+ in USD. :(

12. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Well, Apple made your laptop so I'd certainly have issues with them. :D

Yep. Demand replacement. Enough is enough.

13. askrib macrumors member

I would without a DOUBT get the screen replaced. My wife had the same problem and they replaced it for free. But considering all of the repairs, etc I would take the advice of getting a whole new computer replacement. Totally unacceptable for a $3200 laptop. I would be very nice but demand a replacement and let them know everything that has happened how much time and money you have spent etc. They will do it. Good luck.