Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bull2014

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pre ordered the 5s on apple.com 9/22 for verizon, about a week or two later saw a local best buy had inventory of the silver 16gb i wanted. While i was at the best buy i cancelled my apple.com order so i can get the upgrade pricing back. While activating the phone the mobile rep asked if i knew i was going from unlimited to 2gb which i understood before the activation. Well about a few weeks after i called verizon to make sure i had 2gb because my bill cycle was ending soon and i was creeping up to the 2gb pretty fast. Lady said she still sees i have unlimited (also with the cancelled apple.come order it might have fallen through the cracks at verizon) and to possible wait a bill cycle even though it should have switched to 2gb upon activation. Well its the next bill cycle and I still have unlimited. Obviously I'm not going to keep calling verizon to tell them i still have unlimited. Just wanted to know if this or something similar has happened to anyone else and if i got extremely lucky

scotrinaf

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Blountville, TN
Pre ordered the 5s on apple.com 9/22 for verizon, about a week or two later saw a local best buy had inventory of the silver 16gb i wanted. While i was at the best buy i cancelled my apple.com order so i can get the upgrade pricing back. While activating the phone the mobile rep asked if i knew i was going from unlimited to 2gb which i understood before the activation. Well about a few weeks after i called verizon to make sure i had 2gb because my bill cycle was ending soon and i was creeping up to the 2gb pretty fast. Lady said she still sees i have unlimited (also with the cancelled apple.come order it might have fallen through the cracks at verizon) and to possible wait a bill cycle even though it should have switched to 2gb upon activation. Well its the next bill cycle and I still have unlimited. Obviously I'm not going to keep calling verizon to tell them i still have unlimited. Just wanted to know if this or something similar has happened to anyone else and if i got extremely lucky

You only lose the unlimited plan if you change your plan...not when you change your phone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.