Not that anyone's watching, but the Senate shut down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Jun 9, 2008.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This was missed during the end of the Dem nomination process:

Not that anyone's watching, but the Senate has shut down
    More:

Reid Spokesman: Republicans' Baseless Attacks Cannot Mask Their Lack Of Vision On Global Warming
    Meanwhile there are real issues going on that are only still being ignored a little:

Feds Gone Wild; Reports Highlight Worst Crimes by Officials

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Gosh, that's not news, what's news is that britney is now a couple of pounds overweight! Maybe one day there'll be real journalism back in the news that most people consume, but that day is not today.

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

The senate has been pointedly working against the president for the past year or so anyway.

Maybe with the bastards distracted we can atleast stop this infighting that is killing our nation until November.

That said I am not partisan in anyway I simply think it is childish that out senate wants to cause political upheaval for the sake of making their own party look better.

We always fail when the senate and president are not working together.

Devided we fail my friends

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

When the Democrats were in the minority, I argued that floor tactics like this were justified to keep a check on the majority. I'll argue the same now. The Democrats have simultaneously failed to treat the Republicans fairly and to be effective in its legislative agenda. It's ironic that on some of their most important issues (including the Iraq War funding matter), the Democrats couldn't use their hardball techniques very well. But if the Democrats are going to play hardball (well or not), the Republicans certainly can, too.

We fail quite a bit when the Senate and President are working together, too. Case in point: The first six years of the Bush administration.