Not very excited for the next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Actually, not excited at all.

And looking at the threads on this and other forums, it seems that many people are quite unexcited too.

I'm not sure why, for previous iPhones, I was always SUPER excited, counting down days till the event, with this one? I'm very "meh".

Maybe it's because smartphones have pretty much settled down now, they advance and progress but it's just improvement of specs, addition of what for me personally are gimmicks, NFC payments etc... don't get me wrong, it's a welcome addition but it is not critical or a seller to me.

Maybe it's because the next iPhone leaked and spoiled all the surprises and thus the interest? On the other hand iPhone 4 leaked and I was super excited for that...

Let's take iPhone 5 or what it's going to be called.

CPU? Most likely the same A9 dual core... meh.
    GPU... the same.
    RAM? 1GB nice but nothing incredible, just a good addition.
    Screen size? Been done before, and I don't like the long, narrow shape at all.

I feel like there is nothing new and really useful the iPhone 5 will offer me. Just the same thing only marginally faster, better.

The only improvement that could sell me is the camera, if they pull of a miracle and make it incredible then I'm interested. The camera is pretty much the only thing that keeps my interest in the unveiling event. But even that I'm pretty sure is not going to be a leap of any kind, probably won't even match Nokia's N8, not to mention 808.

Sorry for to be a downer, wanted to share just how I feel.

Have a nice evening!

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

LTE doesn't interest you at all? That's surprising.

I think with the combination of iOS 6 and a new design etc, this gives me what I need to upgrade, however I agree with you. We're reaching a point where the differences between the 4S and the 6th-generation are becoming minimal. Time for Apple to pull something out of their hat...

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

And what were you expecting? Something revolutionary? No, these products are about evolution.

4. burnside macrumors 6502

I'm excited, no doubt. In the end, you can give me the most kick ass hardware for a phone out there, but if the apps don't take advantage of that hardware then really how much better is that phone than others?

This iPhone is still staying true to its roots which is to provide a very stable OS along with incremental updates which will only strengthen what is already a great phone. The taller screen will allow app developers to create new interfaces which take advantage of the extra space while the increase in speed will just further define the usability of the phone.

I'd still rather use a 3GS than almost any Android phone out today.

5. irDigital0l Guest

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You were more excited for the iPhone 4S with Siri as the only new thing?

7. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony