Notes app, choose font gone? also choice of paper lined or color would be nice.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by betabeta, Jul 3, 2013.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

In ios 6 you could choose between 3 fonts, I think I would like this to return, also I have a harder time looking at white screens and prefer tan or yellow.

Of course the answer is use another app, and I will, but I lose the ability to just tell siri to make a note which I do use. It's like they don't care about this app at all, if that's the case give a choice to select another notes app to make default.

By adding 3 minor choices in settings, lined paper, fonts and color, many people would be happier with the app and still not step on the toes of other major notes apps.

2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Nice escalation from a personal want to a want shared by "many."

3. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I always loved iOS's own Notes app because using it really was like writing...notes. And I loved how you could access it synched through a browser using iCloud, so using a 3d party notes app won't be as smooth.

They're going a bit overboard with this anti-skeumorphism crusade. They should at least leave the yellow lined background in there as an option. I hope it appears in the final version.

4. woodynorman macrumors 6502

I agree with the above. The new notes are hard to read, IMO

5. gtrpicker macrumors newbie

I fully agree with this. I dislike this new Notes app I went back to iOS6!

6. AMPoulos macrumors newbie

AMPoulos

I have used Notes almost daily for four years and really like the lined yellow note pad. iOS 7 is a major headache, starting with the Graphic User Interface. It is white-bread bland. All the problematic nuances aside, it is still the user interface that is most troubling to me.

The work of art imagery that comprises iOS 6 and the incarnations that made it, have suddenly now become grayscale (How drab?) and outdated (How old?). My hope is that Tim Cook and his apple pickers refrain from putting to rest this most beautifully creative and user friendly graphic mobile operating system.

I shudder to think that such a masterful piece of software is being wasted for a freak design(er). Here's hoping that I'ves been Cooked.

Surf's Up!
    Next Stop Mavericks.
    Listen to the Big Cats Growl.